S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

Stance coilovers

Old 02-08-2013, 02:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stance coilovers

Has anybody ever use Stande Coilovers how good are they
Old 02-09-2013, 02:25 PM

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

crappy brand imo. Save you money...the S deserves better.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stance makes a awesome product. Look at some of the cars running them in the time GTA series. Especially Bill Washburns 240rs
Old 02-22-2013, 08:04 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Stance coilovers are better than some of the other low end coilovers on the market. We don't sell them, but I have a little bit of experience with them and for the money, they didn't disappoint. Personally, I would spend a little more money and get something else, but if you're wanting to save some coin, they are decent.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by GT Motoring II
Stance coilovers are better than some of the other low end coilovers on the market. We don't sell them, but I have a little bit of experience with them and for the money, they didn't disappoint. Personally, I would spend a little more money and get something else, but if you're wanting to save some coin, they are decent.
What would you would recommend for a little more money?
Old 02-22-2013, 02:43 PM

I know Stance moved their manufacturing over to Japan about a year ago, so their product should be better quality than their previous suspensions. For the price, I don't think you can go wrong unless you are building a dedicated track car. At that point, look for something higher end such as AST.
Old 02-22-2013, 03:05 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by emissionsux
I know Stance moved their manufacturing over to Japan about a year ago, so their product should be better quality than their previous suspensions. For the price, I don't think you can go wrong unless you are building a dedicated track car. At that point, look for something higher end such as AST.

The new AST 4150s are very well suited to a street car when set softer. Their new DDP (double digressive piston) allows the shock to feel very OEM when softer, yet perform like a race shock when firmer.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by emissionsux' timestamp='1361576599' post='22357010

The new AST 4150s are very well suited to a street car when set softer. Their new DDP (double digressive piston) allows the shock to feel very OEM when softer, yet perform like a race shock when firmer.
I'm sure they are, but why would you spend over $2000 on something you would probably never use to it's full potential. Trust me, I want the 4150s, but since I don't really go to the track anymore, it doesn't make sense in purchasing them.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:19 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by emissionsux
Originally Posted by GT Motoring II' timestamp='1361577926' post='22357050
[quote name='emissionsux' timestamp='1361576599' post='22357010']

I'm sure they are, but why would you spend over $2000 on something you would probably never use to it's full potential. Trust me, I want the 4150s, but since I don't really go to the track anymore, it doesn't make sense in purchasing them.
[/quote]

I was just pointing out that they rode well on the street. Many members here use KWV3s and never hit the track. These are roughly around the same price, that's all.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by emissionsux' timestamp='1361584176' post='22357196
[quote name='GT Motoring II' timestamp='1361577926' post='22357050']
[quote name='emissionsux' timestamp='1361576599' post='22357010']

[/quote]

I was just pointing out that they rode well on the street. Many members here use KWV3s and never hit the track. These are roughly around the same price, that's all.
[/quote]

I don't doubt they do, it's a high quality product. What is the spring rate range for the shocks set by AST, I may end up purchasing these down the road if I ever decide to start tracking my car.

Quick Reply: Stance coilovers