StopTech BBK with streetperformance pads - S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

Go Back  S2KI Honda S2000 Forums > Special Interest > S2000 Brakes and Suspension
Reload this Page >

StopTech BBK with streetperformance pads

Notices
S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.

StopTech BBK with streetperformance pads

 
Old 11-24-2018, 04:45 PM
  #1  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 114
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default StopTech BBK with streetperformance pads

I just purchased a StopTech BBK which comes with their streetperformance pads.

i currently run project mu HC800 pads with brake ducting at all 4 corners and get about 2-3 track days out of my brake pads all around. I’m wondering if with the BBK I will be able to get away with running the included pads on track or am I just going to burn through those pads in 2-3 days as well? My goal for purchasing the kit was to improve pad/rotor life on track, and if those pads are going to dissentegrate and fade on track I’ll be really disappointed to ruin a day and also burn up what would be great street pads. Should I just go ahead and buy HC800 for the front as well? Let me know your thoughts.
ottawas2000guy is offline  
Old 11-24-2018, 06:39 PM
  #2  
 
Davo307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 871
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ottawas2000guy View Post
I just purchased a StopTech BBK which comes with their streetperformance pads.

i currently run project mu HC800 pads with brake ducting at all 4 corners and get about 2-3 track days out of my brake pads all around. I’m wondering if with the BBK I will be able to get away with running the included pads on track or am I just going to burn through those pads in 2-3 days as well? My goal for purchasing the kit was to improve pad/rotor life on track, and if those pads are going to dissentegrate and fade on track I’ll be really disappointed to ruin a day and also burn up what would be great street pads. Should I just go ahead and buy HC800 for the front as well? Let me know your thoughts.
the pads the kit comes with last forever. So much so that I just bought other pads and swapped them because they never wore out. Now if they arent wearing out, that means they arent a very aggressive pad. So you aren't stopping as fast.
Davo307 is offline  
Old 11-24-2018, 06:44 PM
  #3  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 114
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Thanks for the reply. Did you use them on track though? I expect street life would be literally forever since I drive 3k street miles a year. Haha.
ottawas2000guy is offline  
Old 11-25-2018, 05:37 AM
  #4  
 
Orjinal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,950
Thanked 19 Times in 19 Posts
Default

Do they make the project mu hc800 pads for stoptech calipers?
Orjinal is offline  
Old 11-25-2018, 06:06 AM
  #5  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 114
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Yes they do. I’m tempted to just buy them since I’ve been happy with them on stock calipers, however if the stoptech’s will last me the season I’d rather save the $250.
ottawas2000guy is offline  
Old 11-25-2018, 06:38 AM
  #6  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 479
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ottawas2000guy View Post
Yes they do. I’m tempted to just buy them since I’ve been happy with them on stock calipers, however if the stoptech’s will last me the season I’d rather save the $250.
yea id like to know also, about to pick up a bbk. i have carbotech 10s infront and 8s in rear. what would be a good watch with the stock rotor rears?
S2000_916 is online now  
Old 11-25-2018, 09:20 AM
  #7  
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Illnoise. WAY downtown, jerky.
Posts: 4,347
Thanks: 0
Thanked 124 Times in 113 Posts
Default

HC800's are a ~1400F pad.

Stoptech 309's are around the same.

The BBK will keep them below that temp for longer than your stock brakes.

I've used 309's on the track. I was fine using them on a fairly slow speed track (Gingerman) on a 100% stock AP2 with 300TW Kumho SPT tires and my DC2-R with a K24.

With a BBK, you'll likely do just fine with the 309's if your car is NA.
B serious is online now  
Old 11-25-2018, 10:06 AM
  #8  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 114
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Thanks B Serious, that’s helpful info. I’m NA stock power. Track is hard on brakes and so am I but I was hoping the BBK would keep temps low enough on those pads that I won’t burn through them.
ottawas2000guy is offline  
Old 11-25-2018, 12:14 PM
  #9  
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,420
Thanks: 0
Thanked 29 Times in 19 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ottawas2000guy View Post
Thanks B Serious, that’s helpful info. I’m NA stock power. Track is hard on brakes and so am I but I was hoping the BBK would keep temps low enough on those pads that I won’t burn through them.
You'll be fine if you're NA. On the Los Angeles area tracks which I would consider moderate (not heavy) on brake wear, I think I have a 10 track days, around two hundred auto-x runs, 20k street miles, and I'm only halfway worn through the pads. Of importance, track days were with brake ducts.
spdracerut is offline  
Old 11-25-2018, 12:22 PM
  #10  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 114
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by spdracerut View Post
You'll be fine if you're NA. On the Los Angeles area tracks which I would consider moderate (not heavy) on brake wear, I think I have a 10 track days, around two hundred auto-x runs, 20k street miles, and I'm only halfway worn through the pads. Of importance, track days were with brake ducts.
Awesome that’s encouraging. I have brake ducts all around.
ottawas2000guy is offline  

Quick Reply: StopTech BBK with streetperformance pads


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands