S2000 CR Club Racer Edition CR stands for "club racer," conjuring up the good old days when guys drove their sports cars to the track, raced them, and then, if the racing gods were smiling, drove them home again

★@★@★ OFFICIAL: National CR Gathering in SoCal ★@★@★

Old 02-17-2013, 02:29 PM

Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts
Default ★@★@★ OFFICIAL: National CR Gathering in SoCal ★@★@★

Ladies and Gentlemen, it is my honor to invite any and all CR owners to a rare, once in a lifetime event this coming July. This thread will serve as an interest thread to review the feasibility of this event, much to the same effect that Homecoming was structured.

This 2.5 day event will include dinners, gifts, group canyon drive, photography, gourmet food, optional track day for your CR, and best of all hosted at a special location We are currently in negotiations with a host site and until we have enough interest and are able to iron out all of the details and sign an official contract with the site we are not allowed to disclose the site location. I know it might be hard for some of you to sign up for something blindly without knowing all the details, but trust me when I say, You Will Not Be Disappointed!

I'm happy to officially announce this event will take place this coming July at Honda Performance Development. We have been eager to share our excitement about this special event at such a unique location.

A little about HPD;
Honda Performance Development, Inc. (HPD) is a subsidiary of American Honda Motor Co. which was established in 1993 and is based in Santa Clarita, California. It is the technical operations center for Honda's American motorsports programs and is involved in the design and development of race engines and chassis for auto racing series such as the IndyCar Series, American Le Mans Series (ALMS), Le Mans Series (LMS) and FIA World Endurance Championship (WEC)

The track portion of our event will take place at Buttonwillow Raceway;

I've been asked numerous times to structure a national CR meet but always said I wouldn't do it, unless it was going to be done right. To me, this is as good as it gets. A small committee and I have been working on details on negotiations with all parties for months and finally have enough details to share.

As this is a private event, there will be a non refundable (no exceptions ) registration fee likely of $150/driver and $100/passenger. This includes: commemorative name tag/lanyard, commemorative t-shirt, photography of your vehicle, lunch, entry to our event and one raffle ticket. For this rare one on one event, to make this happen, it will cost. As details become more solid, likely in late May the registration fee will be due.

As stated, this is a private event all event details and particulars will be left out of this thread and exact details will be provided via pm when the official registration opens.

Again this is a private event for CR owners only. As I've been asked by numerous owners to do this, as such this is a private event. Negative discussion will not be tolerated and posts relating to such will be deleted without warning. If you do not agree to those standards, by all means you are free to put the 100's of hours of work and $1000's of dollars into an event of your choosing and open it to the target audience you'd like.

edit 5/3/13 Hotel info now posted in the Private Message

Updated!

1) ... #172CR + Kallita Oregon PAID
2) ... Adrs2k + Jenn Arizona PAID
3) ... Go2+ Kim Washington
4) ... Psychoazn California
5) ... Vanishing Point + Kim Texas PAID
6) ... BrutalDawg Arizona
7) ... NVR California (track day) PAID
8) ... Iluveketchup New York
9) ... fiestycolumbian + NC California PAID
10) ... g.guess88 Texas
11) ... HondaScience +1 Virginia
12) ... SmokingTSX Washington (track day) PAID
13) ... Ldo California PAID
14) ... s2k4life_az + Bal (my co-captain) Arizona (track day) PAID
15) ... SoMe0nE2tAlK2 +1 CaliforniaPAID
16) ... Kgf3076 Virginia
17) ... apexblue +1 Missouri (track day)
18) ... for_my_s2k +1 California PAID
19) ... odb812 California (track day)PAID
20) ... takchi +0 California PAID
21) ... oohai California
22) ... Skibbz Washington (track day) PAID
23) ... DL771 +1 California
24) ... DaleJH66 Florida
25) ... axisdijnon California PAID
26) ... 666ap1 Nevada (track day) PAID
27) ... tipton80 +1 Texas PAID
28) ... riegerm3 +1 California
29) ... Suprglu +1 Washington (track day)
30) ... NLink720 Maryland (track day)
31) ... Lines2k + 1 California
32) ... 08cr#65 Virginia
33) ... Smile +1 California (track day) PAID
34) ... BexMan California
35) ... Driv300mph +Liz Texas (track day) PAID
36) ... Prancer + 1 Missouri (track day)
37) ... zexnitrous California
38) ... secUnd3r +1 California (track day)
39) ... jbkonis +1 California (track day)
40) ... baobao California
41) ... A-Spec S2K CR +1British Columbia CANADA PAID
42) ... Goldenfri Maryland
43) ... jamesmc +1 california PAID
44) ... LateBraking california
45) ... the-moss wisconsin
46) ... Seabee Bob +1 Texas (track day) PAID
47) ... Kushy California (track day)
48) ... AK S2KCR Alaska
49) ... Pde27 +1 (track day) Texas
50) ... jza +1 California PAID
51)) ... JoelCool
52) ... Joealfadog +1 (track day) Oregon PAID
53) ... Silver5656 California PAID
54) ... nb12 California PAID
55) ... F22CR +1 California PAID
56) ... Yellow CR California PAID
57) ... DVDoughboy TX
58) ... PilotSH California
59) ... TheCarGuy2021California

Track Day Paid Slots
... takchi
... Psychoazn
1) ... s2k4life_az
2) ... fiestycolumbian
3) ... SmokingTSX *
4) ... Skibbz
5) ... Seabee Bob
6) ... jza
7) ... Smile
8) ... Joealfadog
9) ... 666ap1*
10) ... NVR*
11) ... odb812
12)
13)
14)
15)
16)
17)
18)
19)
20)
*Ride Along Requested
Old 02-17-2013, 03:12 PM
Go2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are pleased to announce Sponsor:HONDATA!

Hondata Inc.
2840 Columbia St.
Torrance, CA 90503
(310) 782-8278
310.782.6383 FAX
http://www.hondata.com

Hondata modifies standard Honda engine computers (ECUs), adding features and expanding the capabilities of the ECU. These modifications are available either as a reflash, or a fully tunable system.
Whose anxious to win a brand new Heatshield Gasket?

The Heatshield is a replacement intake manifold gasket made from special high temperature plastic, designed to insulate the intake manifold from the cylinder head.

Or how about a FLASHPRO!

The FlashPro allows full user tuning and datalogging of drive by wire S2000s.

We want to thank Matt at Hondata for their gracious products they've offered to help us put on this special event for everyone. We are sincerely grateful for your generosity!

YOU CAN ONLY WIN THESE ITEMS BY ATTENDING! GET YOUR REGISTRATIONS IN NOW!

We are pleased to announce Sponsor:CounterSpace Garage!

14535 Valley View Ave, Suite K
Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670
Phone: 714-987-2740

CounterSpace Garage is the brainchild of a pair of grassroots driving enthusiasts. Having developed winning time-attack cars, CounterSpace Garage has learned the hard way what does and does not work, and aims to share this knowledge with all who are interested. CounterSpace Garage is an advocate of performance backed by results, and CounterSpace Garage sells only the highest quality products torture tested under the harshest conditions available. Every product offered by CounterSpace Garage is tried, tested, and proven.
Anyone want a brand new set of brand new hard anodized hot forged aluminum black lug nuts?!

This 17mm open-ended lug nut is functionally designed and made from hard anodized hot forged aluminum 7075-T6 with essentially double the wall thickness as conventional aluminum lug nuts. These lug nuts are used and tested on Time Attack and Rally racecars on a consistent basis. We are using and constantly abusing these lugs on our Subaru BRZ as well as our S2000s running in the S2k Challenge. If these are not good enough for that punishment, then they don’t belong on your car!

We want to thank our very own David and Mike at CounterSpace Garage for their gracious products they've offered to help us put on this special event for everyone. We are sincerely grateful for your generosity!

Registration closes on 6/30/13

We are pleased to announce Sponsor:JS2K!

Mission Statement: Provide the S2000 community with new, unique, and inexpensive accessories, while providing the best customer service that only a small company can provide.

Rest assured that your accessories will be the best for the money. Everything I sell on JS2k.com, I use myself, tested on my own car, and enjoyed every day. This is why I can offer my 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. If I'm satisfied, I know other S2000 owners will be as well.
You see everyone with those sleek keyhole covers and thought to yourself, "I need to pick up a set of those" Now is your time to win a set, on us!

When was the last time you used your key to unlock your door or trunk? Just plug a keyhole cover in to instantly give your car a more sleek look. They can also easily be removed when washing the car or in case your keyless entry remote doesn't work.

These are professionally painted with 10 layers of plastic adhesion, primer, paint, and clear coat to ensure paint adhesion, complete coverage, resist paint chipping and fading, giving the keyhole covers an OEM shine. Only the highest quality materials are used: Bulldog adhesion promoter and PPG primer, paints, and clear coat.

Or how about updating the look of your interior with an LED conversion kit!??

Not only are the LEDs brighter, the color is much more attractive. These LEDs emit a cool white color and not a dull yellowish. Light output is around 5000k as opposed to around 3000k.
In addition, these LEDs should last longer than your car, rated at an average of 100,000 hours, meaning 11 years of continuous usage!

Give your CR that unique look with these sleek clear headlight diffusers!

Replace amber in your AP2 headlights with clear! Modernize your S2000!
Each purchase will come with a set of clear diffusers that replace both amber pieces in each headlight.

We want to thank Joey at Js2k.com for their gracious products they've offered to help us put on this special event for everyone. We are sincerely grateful for your generosity!

We are pleased to announce Sponsor:DFW Motorsports!

Tel. 972.233.0888 - Fax. 972.233.0800 info@topspeedauto.com

DFW Motorsports is a company based in Dallas, Texas, which was founded in 1996. We are a crew of spirited import car enthusiasts. DFW Motorsports is dedicated to designing, researching, development, manufacturing, and importing the highest quality performance products for the import car market. We always provide our customers with the newest and best quality products at extremely competitive prices.
Whose been wanting to add a set of Hood Dampers to their hood to help out propping that hood up?

Often times, injury while working on a vehicle is caused by the hood falling on an individual. This product is offered for that purpose as well as a way to exhibit your under hood modifications. These units also allow the hood to remain up and stable even under high wind conditions and were thoroughly tested for repeated use. With the use of oil filled shocks and light dampening for lightened hood applications these dampers have lift assist and slow decline features. Stainless steel w/ lightweight alloy shaft and casing with hydraulic oil seals end links for mounting points for durability and heat resistance. Weighs in at only 200g on average, this is a must-have addition to any hood prop vehicle.

Or who doesn't want to shine up their engine bay with some fancy Samco hoses!?

The Samco Sport hose kits are designed to replace original equipment in a wide range of performance vehicles, both in motorsport and fast road use. Superb integrity and superior performance reduces the risk of component failure and enables higher temperatures and pressures to be maintained with complete confidence.
With superlative quality proven on race and rally circuits worldwide, Samco Sport silicone hoses are the first choice of engineers demanding total reliability under competition and fast road conditions.

Whose rockin' their OEM air box and wants to upgrade to a K&N Drop in filter with recharge kit?

K&N's replacement air filters are designed to increase horsepower and acceleration while providing excellent filtration. These filters are washable and reusable and are custom designed to fit into your existing factory air box. Their drop-in design means adding performance is simple.

We want to thank the guys at DFW Motorsports for their gracious products they've offered to help us put on this special event for everyone. We are sincerely grateful for your generosity!

We are pleased to announce Sponsor:Enjoy Racing!

841 W. Fairmont Drive #10
Tempe, AZ. 85282
Phone:
(480) 689-5157
info@enjoyracing.co

Enjoy Racing was founded in 2012 in Tempe AZ. Enjoy set out to offer products and support to the local and online S2000 community. We know how important your car is to you and want to make your experience with your vehicle as enjoyable as possible. We are experts in the S2000 field and know which parts will provide the most satisfaction for your dollar.
Make sure that oil filter is secure on your track and auto cross days with the BAWSS s2000 Oil Filter Lock

BAWSS S2000 OIL FILTER LOCK
  • MADE FROM LIGHTWEIGHT 6061 ALUMINUM
  • EASY INSTALLATION
  • PREVENTS OIL FILTER FROM BACKING OFF FROM VIBRATIONS
  • MADE IN THE USA
  • STAINLESS STEEL CABLE WITH HEAVY DUTY T-BOLT CLAMP
MADE FROM LIGHTWEIGHT 6061 ALUMINUM

The Amsoil name is synonymous with quality, performance, and reliability. Up for grabs is a CASE of 10w-30 for your next oil change

This is some of the best oil out there and offers great thermal and viscosity protection!

Set yourself up for the next 6 oil changes! We've raffling off a pack of Honda OEM PCX oil filters!

Genuine Honda Oil Filters contain significantly more filtering medium than aftermarket filters (sometimes twice as much), ensuring proper flow of oil through the filter element, while trapping damaging particles. Proper filtration is crucial in preventing excessive wear and damage to your engine, keeping it in top running condition for years to come.

We want to thank Ben at Enjoy racing for their gracious products they've offered to help us put on this special event for everyone. We are sincerely grateful for your generosity!

We are pleased to announce Sponsor:Swift Springs!

Phone : +1.909.923.9788
Fax: +1.909.923.9798
Mailing Address: 1850 S. Carlos Ave. Ontario, CA 91761 U.S.A.
Email - Info: info@swiftsprings.com
URL: http://www.swiftsprings.com

Swift Springs was founded in 1997 in Tokyo Japan as a motor sports division of Tokyo Hatsujo Manufacturing Co, Ltd. that has been leading the spring industry since 1924

The purpose was to demonstrate our superior engineering in spring by developing the next generation of motor sports suspension coil springs. They had to have the best characteristics of any brand or design in the market, which required the springs to be the lightest in weight and most durable, and to exhibit the most linear characteristics while still being cost effective.

Since the formation of Swift, it has been lead by the former racer and suspension expert, Kei Yokota, and the chief engineer, Yasu Saito.
This is the one you've all been waiting for... We're raffling off a set of the Spec R springs from swift. This is the perfect mate to your CR strut. Check out the numerous positive reviews here; https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/933...spec-r-review/

Swift made Sport Springs Spec-R is made for true track racing enthusiasts that wants to take their vehicle to the next level.

Sport Springs Spec-R is engineered with 3 main characteristics.

Redesign lowering ride height to maximize the suspension performance allowing the vehicle to fully absorb road condition for maximum traction.
Increase in spring rate to further enhance cornering speed through entry & exit. The increase in spring rate is based on the vehicle factory stock shock valving settings. Sport Springs Spec-R is increase to the optimal rate that the stock shocks can handle.
Maintain the comfort level for street users.

Spec R springs are wound with the same engineering and material as our sports springs. With the exception of stiffer rates and slight change in ride height; you can expect the same characteristics as our sports springs.

We want to thank Swift Springs for their gracious products they've offered to help us put on this special event for everyone. We are sincerely grateful for your generosity!

Old 02-17-2013, 04:32 PM

Interested!

1) #172CR + Kallita
2) Adrs2k + Jenn
3) Go2+ Kim
4) Psychoazn
5) Vanishing Point
6) BrutalDawg
Old 02-17-2013, 05:15 PM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

Add one more.

1) #172CR + Kallita
2) Adrs2k + Jenn
3) Go2+ Kim
4) Psychoazn
5) Vanishing Point + Kim
6) BrutalDawg
Old 02-17-2013, 05:57 PM

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

Want to SO bad but it's apparently 2,200 mi away... one way

Too far for me, hope you guys can do this and please document the event with pics / vids for those of us who don't make it!
Old 02-17-2013, 07:55 PM
Go2

Fury.... Take a Weeks vacation
Old 02-17-2013, 08:10 PM

Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts

I agree with John, there's plenty of advance notice, make this one of those trips you never forget Hopefully more surprised will be available as the weeks go by.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:27 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow! Interested. It's a dream of mine to drive the CR in PCH. This would be the perfect opportunity. I'd ship the car to my cousin's & fly over. (thinking out loud) The only problem is that I might not come back home. lol
Old 02-17-2013, 09:45 PM
NVR

1) #172CR + Kallita
2) Adrs2k + Jenn
3) Go2+ Kim
4) Psychoazn
5) Vanishing Point + Kim
6) BrutalDawg
7) NVR

sounds awesome, i guess biggest question is going with or without the top
Old 02-18-2013, 02:01 AM