S2000 CR Club Racer Edition CR stands for "club racer," conjuring up the good old days when guys drove their sports cars to the track, raced them, and then, if the racing gods were smiling, drove them home again

#21 of 21 ABP CR (delete)

Old 03-05-2013, 01:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default #21 of 21 ABP CR (delete)

Hello all,

It's been ages since I've been active on here, and Ira's meet-thread triggered an email flood which reminded me of something I've been meaning to get around to doing, and rebel's thread below had me thinking.

For those that don't know me on the thread, I am the sole owner of the last Apex Blue Pearl CR delete model that came from the factory. They made only 21 of them.

The car has a little over 3k miles, and has spent most of its time in storage because I bought it as a keeper and hardly ever drove it. The only reason why it has any miles on it at all is because I drove it down from the Bay Area to HCII a few years back, which put about 1500 miles on it, and the rest of it came from the random meets I used to attend on a monthly basis just to keep the car in "driven" condition. The car has been maintained by Blacktrax, and has all the records of care.

It is perfectly stock and has never been "modded," with the only exceptions being the full front end clear-bra'd and the silver H badges replaced with black JDM ones. It also can include the black full-length JDM floormats(never used), along with the best interior-use custom car cover that Covercraft makes. Since I haven't driven it in months, I finally decided to check it on it last weekend and noticed that it wouldn't start; hence, a new factory battery is going in, and it even has the factory hardtop stand. Otherwise, the car is in showroom floor condition, and has always been taken care of by Detail Addict too.

I've always wanted a 911, and with the release of the new 991 GT3 today (along with a certain impending IPO), I've firmly decided to let this piece of amazing automotive history go and have some other collector model take its place. I am in absolutely zero rush to sell, and essentially seeking to get "my money back." So, I wonder if it's even worth the effort of posting it on here, to see if anyone is serious about purchasing it for my asking. I don't have time to waste dealing with tire-kickers, so I was thinking of offering it here first to the people that actually love these very rare cars. If no one bites, it'll just eventually end up on ebay when I get around to it for a higher price. Since it is practically-new stock, I'm not even going to post pics, although I recall Ira having some from the big meet.

Thanks! So what do you think, should I set up an actual for sale posting here?
Old 03-05-2013, 04:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Keep it and still get the gt3. Money permitting.. Good luck with your sell..
Old 03-05-2013, 05:37 AM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

GLWS !! This is very tempting. herrjr you might want to list this within the CR for sale section just so it receives more views.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:49 AM

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Vanishing Point
GLWS !! This is very tempting. herrjr you might want to list this within the CR for sale section just so it receives more views.
lol and here i thought you were done buying CR's since you've got 'em all

GLWS OP!
Old 03-05-2013, 06:34 AM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

GLWS man!!!
Old 03-05-2013, 07:22 AM

36k?
Old 03-05-2013, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by Vanishing Point
#626 would be the latest model you'd have You could buy this one and still get premium dollar for the very earliest model that you have now

and thanks to all the "GLWS!" Money isn't the issue; it's just that I've decided to pursue other collector vehicles that I'm more inclined to drive instead, and I'm tired of all the money that I just throw away for storage. So annoyed that they freaking raised my rates this year, which is another reason why I'm getting around to making this happen sometime this year.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:10 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You're not able to receive PMs....
Old 03-05-2013, 01:50 PM

I would like to park this next to my GT3.

e-mail me.

sabo@mcgohio.com
Old 03-05-2013, 03:08 PM

Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts

Hey guys this isn't a for sale post; if it is the op needs to post in the market place. Lets keep any sale or purchase price to PM's

Quick Reply: #21 of 21 ABP CR (delete)