S2000 CR Club Racer Edition CR stands for "club racer," conjuring up the good old days when guys drove their sports cars to the track, raced them, and then, if the racing gods were smiling, drove them home again

ABP with Matching interior?

Old 02-25-2015, 07:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABP with Matching interior?

First before anyone ask if my interior will be for sale, the answer will be NO... im keeping them all in storage for future swaps back to stock.

has anyone ever change their interior theme to something that matches the Apex blue exterior?

I just picked up some suzuka door inserts.. and a black suede w/ blue stitching shift boot... got my hands on a minty stock v2 steering wheel that i will have stitched blue.... looking perhaps to maybe some blue recaro dc5 seats.. to seal the deal.. what u guys think?

the cr interior is nice, i like it but it just doest match the blue exterior..
Old 02-26-2015, 03:03 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree with you that the yellow just has never looked right with my ABP. Obviously it works with the Rio and looks ok with white or black, but just never went with ABP. It would have been nice if Honda had gone that one extra step to make our seats and stitching match. I know that probably wasn't feasible for only 200 cars. I'll be interested to see how your project turns out. I'm glad you're keeping everything to be able to return it to stock.
Old 02-26-2015, 04:03 AM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

With blue accenting I think it would look good. Ideally you would want to replicate the SR-4 Recaro TomCatt blue seat material, but the only sources are some sketchy sources in Malaysia or China. An excellent shop for doing your custom work is JPM Coachworks, the same place that customized the arm rests for the CR. Looking forward to seeing your build.
Old 02-26-2015, 05:49 AM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I was thinking about putting Velour Blue Recaro Pole Positions in my ABP. I was unclear on how it would look.... Definitely post up a pic if you do put those seats in!
Old 02-26-2015, 08:46 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I always thought a medium to lighter gray interior would look good in an ABP car. It probably wouldn't look good unless most of the interior was redone in that color(dash, carpets, door cards, etc), so it isn't really a practical option since you can't get OEM parts in gray.

I'm not a fan of mixing different blues in general, but definitely not with a unique color like ABP.
Old 02-26-2015, 11:32 AM
Site Moderator

Received 2,603 Likes on 1,910 Posts

Originally Posted by odb812
I always thought a medium to lighter gray interior would look good in an ABP car. It probably wouldn't look good unless most of the interior was redone in that color(dash, carpets, door cards, etc), so it isn't really a practical option since you can't get OEM parts in gray.

I'm not a fan of mixing different blues in general, but definitely not with a unique color like ABP.
If the tomcatt fabric was available in black/grey it would be brilliant in an ABP CR.
Old 02-26-2015, 12:58 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by sam_spider
If the tomcatt fabric was available in black/grey it would be brilliant in an ABP CR.
That sounds even better. Do the stitching on the wheel and trim in the same gray.
Old 02-26-2015, 09:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im thinking of a cheaper alternative than something that are and expensive as the tomcat. I was thinking of perhaps the EVO 8 base recaro seats. Considering they are black / blue, i think the'll match pretty well, just need to determine if it fits in.

http://www.s2000.com/forums/parts-sa...cers-25mm.html
Old 02-27-2015, 08:22 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by S2KVee
im thinking of a cheaper alternative than something that are and expensive as the tomcat. I was thinking of perhaps the EVO 8 base recaro seats. Considering they are black / blue, i think the'll match pretty well, just need to determine if it fits in.

http://www.s2000.com/forums/parts-sa...cers-25mm.html
I think that would make a nice alternative especially if you're looking to keep the stock seats clean.
Old 02-27-2015, 01:28 PM

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

I don't think blue interior would look good at all even in Tomcat fabric. The current color combo is a eye appealing contrast to Apex Blue cars. If anything I would pick either a red and black fabric/Alacantra option with red JDM emblems or seats with solid black with contrast stitching. Just my 2 cents.

Quick Reply: ABP with Matching interior?