S2000 CR Club Racer Edition CR stands for "club racer," conjuring up the good old days when guys drove their sports cars to the track, raced them, and then, if the racing gods were smiling, drove them home again

adding a manual soft top

Old 04-11-2012, 08:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so you are saying that the CR bar fits the soft top frame AND motors? this is less the tray of course.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:52 PM

Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by street_ruler
so you are saying that the CR bar fits the soft top frame AND motors? this is less the tray of course.
Yes

Monte, I remember your post but am unable to locate it as well. I'll keep my eyes peeled.

-Ira
Old 04-12-2012, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by street_ruler
Yes, the motors/drains/wiring have no interference with the CR rear chassis bar. The tray can be modified to fit a few different ways, if you want to use it at all.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:09 PM

I'll bet that flaps in the wind at 70mph. Might be tough to see where you're going too...

You got the best color CR I think

Originally Posted by adrs2k
Here is a S2000 CR with a soft top

S2000 CR by Adrs2k, on Flickr
Old 04-13-2012, 05:48 AM
Go2

I'm sure he could mod the driver side for visablity

Yep... I agree, Best Color!
Old 04-18-2012, 06:14 AM

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mchester
Actually, there is a 3rd and 4th choice. When I did this well over 2 years ago, I cut the ends of the tray out so the bar can come up through the tray. The bar center lays just on top of the tray and the top folds back just fine into its normal position without the glass hitting the bar. I padded the top of the bar with a little thin adhesive backed foam just in case it bounces a little. The tray slips in under the bar and up into place with a little patience and mild cursing.

Since then, I've considered modifying the bar itself to let the OEM CR tonneau cover be installed over the retracted top. What I plan is to cut the ends off and flip the bar 180 degrees so the bow faces down, as much as clearance allows. I have to do some more measurements to know if this will work or not.

Another possibility, and more in line with the light weight nature of the CR would be to simply leave the tray out altogether.
I guess those are options, bc it's in there now with no tray, and the sound isn't that bad with the top filling the well. If I'm not mistaken, I believe we briefly met at HCII. You were hanging out with Motoo/Mocky IIRC.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by TPhong
I guess those are options, bc it's in there now with no tray, and the sound isn't that bad with the top filling the well. If I'm not mistaken, I believe we briefly met at HCII. You were hanging out with Motoo/Mocky IIRC.
Very likely. I was driving my old Suzuka AP1 that now resides at my mothers in Mesa, AZ. I had SO much fun at that event talking to so many like minded S2K freaks!

Old 04-25-2012, 06:48 PM

To answer a question from another "CR Soft Top" thread that was redirected here:

The bottom of the CR rear suspension brace cross member sits a few mm above the tray for most of its width. You'd have to bend the tray a LOT to curve it over the bar, and then you'd have the depth of the tray less room for the roof to fold into causing even more interference with the top/window.

I'm considering more and more, the option of cutting the rear brace at each end of the tube, then rotating the bar cross member so it sits below a stock tray. Once rotated sufficiently, I'd re-weld the bar ends back on the cross member. Need to do some more measurements, then get the courage to cut the bar. Also need to look up the cost of a replacement bar and tray too, just in case I decide to give it a shot.
Old 07-13-2013, 08:41 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by adrs2k
Here is a S2000 CR with a soft top

S2000 CR by Adrs2k, on Flickr
Anyone know if this cover will fit a car with an HD bar?
Old 07-13-2013, 09:09 AM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

It should, I know mine fits tightly over the hardtop and fastens down.

Quick Reply: adding a manual soft top