S2000 CR Club Racer Edition CR stands for "club racer," conjuring up the good old days when guys drove their sports cars to the track, raced them, and then, if the racing gods were smiling, drove them home again

Anyone use touch up paint on their CR wheels?

Old 05-15-2012, 05:45 AM

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Anyone use touch up paint on their CR wheels?

Hi all,

When I bought my CR it had some curb rash on one of the rear wheels and I'm looking to use touch up paint to blend the rash with the rest of the wheel so it's not as noticeable. My question is, has anyone gotten the Kaiser Silver touch up paint from Acura and used it on the wheels? Does it match up well? I'm probably going to pick some up today and try it on a small spot of the curb rash so that I can gauge how well it will blend... just wanted to see if anyone had done this before.

Thanks!
Old 05-15-2012, 06:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In for replies, I have a couple scratches on mine and some interesting damage from who ever removed the wheel weights. Wish I could have bought the CR new then it wouldn't be fixing all the previous owner's neglect.
Old 05-15-2012, 06:24 AM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

Are you planning on using the spray or touchup bottles?
Old 05-15-2012, 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by Vanishing Point
Are you planning on using the spray or touchup bottles?
Touch up bottle is what I had planned to use... didn't realize there was a spray available.
Old 05-15-2012, 07:05 AM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

The pens or brush touchups tend to dry slightly darker so do a test area or card sample first. Most sources offer numerous sizes in OEM paint and some useful how to's.

http://www.automotivetouchup.com/cho...l=All%20Models
Old 05-15-2012, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by Vanishing Point
The pens or brush touchups tend to dry slightly darker so do a test area or card sample first. Most sources offer numerous sizes in OEM paint and some useful how to's.

http://www.automotivetouchup.com/cho...l=All%20Models
Thanks, I was thinking the same thing... that it might dry slightly darker. I think I'm going to grab it today and test it and see how it turns out. If I end up painting over the rash, I'll show before and after shots.
Old 05-15-2012, 07:34 AM
Go2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zetarhopike
In for replies, I have a couple scratches on mine and some interesting damage from who ever removed the wheel weights. Wish I could have bought the CR new then it wouldn't be fixing all the previous owner's neglect.
I think Freddy Krueger got ahold of my wheels, I have the same issue from previous owner on the wheels
Old 05-15-2012, 07:44 AM

Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts

I'm in for results as well I've thought about doing this but it keeps slipping my mind. Hope it goes well!!
Old 05-15-2012, 09:25 AM

Well oddly enough (thinking about the CR lip thread) I was told by the Acura near my place that the touch up paint is on backorder and they're not sure if they can even get it. I'm probably going to try looking into an online vendor and order through them for the paint.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got some scars around one of my center caps (trying to remove them for the axle nut DIY is a pain!!)

I also have scars on the inside of a few of the arms, not really sure how they got there but I'd love to touch them up!

Quick Reply: Anyone use touch up paint on their CR wheels?