S2000 CR Club Racer Edition CR stands for "club racer," conjuring up the good old days when guys drove their sports cars to the track, raced them, and then, if the racing gods were smiling, drove them home again

Berlina Black CR #35 - New Owner

Old 07-09-2015, 08:10 AM

Received 67 Likes on 48 Posts
Default Berlina Black CR #35 - New Owner

Hey guys, Picked up my first CR yesterday. The previous owner "oastjc" listed it in the for sale section of this forum and i quickly responded and we finally finished the deal yesterday. This is my 4th Honda S2000 and probably my most prized one next to my current LBP AP2. Quick story on the CR i purchased. I am the 3rd owner. The first owner purchased the car new in North Carolina. The previous owner purchased it in 2010 and drove it back to Southern California. He owned it up until i purchased it yesterday. She currently has 98,103 Miles on the Odometer. Clean title with all matching VIN panels. Overall the car is in "GOOD" condition with the usual door dings, scratches and swirl marks.

The car was recently vandalized while being left unattended and parked on the street in front of the previous owners home. Here is a list of items that were stolen or damaged.

-CR OEM Hardtop - STOLEN
-CR OEM Shift Knob - STOLEN
-CR OEM Floor Mats - STOLEN
-CR Radio Door Cover - STOLEN

Here are the parts that were damaged.

-Passenger Side Window Broken - FIXED and replaced with an OEM unit.
-CR Seats (Bottom Portion) - Knifed/Torn.
-CR Steering Wheel - Knifed/Scratched
-CR Lip - Damaged

Luckily the wing was removed and not on while this vandalism occured as im sure that would've been stolen as well.

I did the compression test and the car tested fine. (235 Across the Board). No obvious leaks. Car has a few mods but nothing major. Here is the list of mods.

-NVidia Q300 Dual Exhaust
-Test Pipe
-Password JDM Shroud/Snorkel
-Mishimoto Radiator
-Samco Hoses

Pictures of the car as she sits now after a thorough washing.

Continued in the next post....
Old 07-09-2015, 08:11 AM

I need help from my fellow CR brothers. Here is what I want done first and foremost. My main priority is replacing the clutch because currently she is slipping bad when really getting on it. After the clutch the next course of action is picking up another Berlina Black OEM hardtop. After those two things are done i will in time start fixing the other items and bringing this car back to life.

Please provide me with what you all would do and where i go from here... Im ecstatic to have a CR. As far as future plans i am not planning on tracking this car as i have the Evo and AP2 for those duties. I just want the car to be pretty that i can enjoy looking at and driving around time from time to time.
Old 07-09-2015, 09:15 AM

Clutch will be dropped in soon. Than the fun begins.

Old 07-09-2015, 09:52 AM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

Congrats on the purchase ( new listing on the CR Roll Call) sounds like you have your priorities right with wanting a top first along with the necessary clutch replacement. You might look into replacement CR seat covers, they are pricey, but less than a whole seat. The radio door is easy to replace and a steering wheel cover will work as a temporary until you find a replacement. Good luck in resurrecting the CR back to her glory!

~Steven
Old 07-09-2015, 10:03 AM

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

You should post more pictures of the exterior. I'm curious about the condition. Good luck on the restoration and keep us informed.
Old 07-09-2015, 11:43 AM

Received 191 Likes on 118 Posts

Glad to see this all came together for you! I am looking forward to seeing the progress you make. I agree with others that I would get the hardtop done first. After looking at the pictures, the interior needs some serious TLC. I would pull the seats out and go to town cleaning the interior. Like VP said, you might want to consider buying two new seat covers.

Other than that, take your time and focus on one area at a time to restore and have fun.

Not to sound too corny, but I am happy to see people like you and the others that are out there buying the "less desirable" CR's and restoring them. Just because a CR had a hard life, doesn't mean its not a good car and doesn't deserve a good home. There are not many CR's out there, so someone needs to take care of them and restore the neglected ones. Mine was in rough shape when I got it too.
Old 07-09-2015, 01:57 PM

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

can you put those ti silver ce28s on just so i can get a look?!!?
Old 07-09-2015, 02:09 PM

Guys, are these the correct part numbers for the CR Seat Skins? Is it the skin and foam bolster or are these part numbers strictly the skin?

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/680...-only-750-now/
Old 07-09-2015, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by sillyboybmxer
can you put those ti silver ce28s on just so i can get a look?!!?
LOL... i would do it but i am absolutely not rolling the fenders on this car. In fact here is the absolute complete mod list i will do on this car.

-Swift Spec R Springs (Maybe Ohlins DFV)
-Hankook RS3 (225 F and 255 R)

Pretty much it lol. I want to enhance or accentuate the true beauty of the CR.
Old 07-09-2015, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by adrs2k
Glad to see this all came together for you! I am looking forward to seeing the progress you make. I agree with others that I would get the hardtop done first. After looking at the pictures, the interior needs some serious TLC. I would pull the seats out and go to town cleaning the interior. Like VP said, you might want to consider buying two new seat covers.

Other than that, take your time and focus on one area at a time to restore and have fun.

Not to sound too corny, but I am happy to see people like you and the others that are out there buying the "less desirable" CR's and restoring them. Just because a CR had a hard life, doesn't mean its not a good car and doesn't deserve a good home. There are not many CR's out there, so someone needs to take care of them and restore the neglected ones. Mine was in rough shape when I got it too.
Thank you for the words of wisdom. You, feezy, sk2life, cr172 and vanishing have all inspired me to bring this car to where i believe it should be. After the seats covers are replaced i plan on bringing this car to a reputable detailer to have it thoroughly cleaned. Perhaps some touch up painting along the lip and rock chips.

This is the ultimate goal i have for it.

Quick Reply: Berlina Black CR #35 - New Owner