S2000 CR Club Racer Edition CR stands for "club racer," conjuring up the good old days when guys drove their sports cars to the track, raced them, and then, if the racing gods were smiling, drove them home again

Center console touch up

Old 07-25-2013, 03:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So I got a prompt response (I initialized his name...):

"I apologize for the troubles you are having. Do you know what is the model of the unit you have. Can you send me a copy of the receipt if you have it . I also need make, model and year of vehicle.

Sincerely,
R.O.
AAMP of America"

Then replied and forwarded the receipts later that day (Good thing Best Buy has that database) after this response:

"I do not have the kit model yet, I will have to uninstall the kit to tell you the specifics. I will be able to email you a receipt as soon as I receive it from Best Buy which takes 24 hours. However, I can tell you from my bank statement and a Best Buy representative that the receipt shows it was purchased on Oct. 3, 2009 for a total $159.74. It was also installed at Best Buy on Oct. 6, 2009 for $58.57. The car it was installed in is a 2008 Honda S2000 CR with A/C and radio.

I appreciate the prompt response and again, I will forward you the receipt as soon as I receive it."

The kit model ended up on the receipt, ISIM71, so I didn't have to mess with the unit, thankfully.
Old 07-25-2013, 03:52 PM

And now I'm waiting in limbo...

"Hello,
i have forward all of your information to our customer service."

Good thing I had Best Buy install it 3 days later and I sent them that receipt too! So there's no way they can nail me for mishandling their product.
Old 07-25-2013, 04:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ouch!
Old 07-25-2013, 04:31 PM
S2KI Editor

I'm glad they responded so quickly! Keep us updated with what they come back with
Old 07-25-2013, 09:37 PM

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

Sure is an expensive lesson to learn about not keeping anything plugged in for an extended period of time. I hope it works our for you. If you get a new console get your production number stitched into the leather or suede. Just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using IB AutoGroup
Old 08-08-2013, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by s2k4life_az
Sure is an expensive lesson to learn about not keeping anything plugged in for an extended period of time. I hope it works our for you. If you get a new console get your production number stitched into the leather or suede. Just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using IB AutoGroup

Nothing was plugged in, thankfully! Otherwise, I bet I would've had a fried Ipod too!
Old 08-08-2013, 07:01 AM

UPDATE:

So much for their "fast" responses... It took another week to get some kind of real update from them.

July 26
Me: "May I ask how this situation is being handled and what has progressed?"

July 29
Rep: "Customer service is handling your case. They just wanted all of your information on the consumer return."

Aug 2
Me: "I've patiently waited this entire week, what is the status of my case? I appreciate it."
Rep: "I do apologize for the delay customer service does have all of your information. Monday morning i will find out the status on your case."

Aug 6
Me: "I need an update on what will be done about the defective item and the damage it caused, please."

Aug 7
Rep: "I have spoke with our customer service team and they will reply to you. They are also sending you a new cable to replace the one you have."
Me: "I need to know what is going to be done for the damages the product has caused on my center console. This is a fire safety hazard issue and I expect to be reimbursed for the costs of replacing this, not just simply replacing the kit."

Today
Rep: "My customer service team and i would like to review to Ipod cable you currently have. Can you ship the IPOD cable to our Corporate Headquarters, 13190 56th Court, Clearwater FL 33760."

Once we have determine what was the cause of the short we will reply back with our result."

Soooooooooo... it took ~2 weeks to finally get something down. Is there anything to be concerned about? For example, taking the unit off and voiding any service for "mishandling" of the product. I'm definitely will be taking all the pics before and after disassembling it. Even if they send me that replacement, I'm not even sure if I want to use their product anymore if it potentially cause problems like this.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:04 AM

You need to send them the defective cable so they can "review" and "test" it in their lab. Once they're done with that portion, they will come back to you with how much they will reimburse you for the cost of all the damages. For your information, they will most likely pay out less than what it is worth so just make sure you can state some facts about the prices and negotiate your way up..
Old 08-08-2013, 04:27 PM

I went ahead and extracted the iSimple unit (So thankful for all the DIY part removal videos! )

Nothing out of the ordinary, electrical tape used to consolidate the wiring and the unit was behind the passenger shelf.

But here's an interesting observation with the bundled wires. Noticed that it's all bubbled and even melted open. After 4 years, did the heat get to it? Or perhaps a closed circuit within the wiring?

Well, I'll be sending all this hopefully tomorrow. I thought about just driving over to Clearwater since it's only ~2 hours from Orlando.

Originally Posted by Hoang
You need to send them the defective cable so they can "review" and "test" it in their lab. Once they're done with that portion, they will come back to you with how much they will reimburse you for the cost of all the damages. For your information, they will most likely pay out less than what it is worth so just make sure you can state some facts about the prices and negotiate your way up..
Thanks for the heads up, Hoang! But at least I can give the s2ki community an idea of what kind of company we are buying products from.
Old 08-08-2013, 04:54 PM

And just in case anyone was wondering, no other wire harnesses had this problem. Only the iPod connector, not even the power connector into the head unit. Nothing was unusual even behind the head unit and shelf. The wire bundle was freely hanging for the most part.

Quick Reply: Center console touch up