S2000 CR Club Racer Edition CR stands for "club racer," conjuring up the good old days when guys drove their sports cars to the track, raced them, and then, if the racing gods were smiling, drove them home again

CR seat for AP2

Old 03-16-2012, 09:20 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default CR seat for AP2

I have an option of picking up a CR drivers side seat with rails for $300.

I have many CR parts on my car, including CR rims, sways, springs, shocks, floor mats, etc.

I'm wondering what your opinion is of the CR seat as it compares to the regular s2000 seats. My car is a 2004.

I'm wondering about comfort/support, etc. Is it basically the same, or is it more supportive/grippy. I like the looks of it. And I'm not opposed to having only one CR seat as I work on my slow conversion process. I'm mainly concerned with the "performance" of the seat benefits, but the looks are cool too.

Please tell me your opinions about the seat. Anything I would need to know.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:49 AM

Received 191 Likes on 118 Posts

Well coming from a '04 seat it is very different. It has way more grip and I dont slide into, out of, or around in the seat while cornering. THe head rest portion is actually usable and comfortable. I do love the look/feel of the CR seats. They require more maintenance with the suede to keep nice.

Two other observations. It is harder getting into and out of the seats because you can't slide across them. Also when driving down the highway and on long trips and you decide to change your posture in the seat, you can just slide in the seat. You physically have to lift your butt up to scoot ch up and down. Sounds funny I know, but its true.

For the price you mentioned, buy it and try it. seat is worth a lot more than what you are going to pay so you can always sell it.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It'll increase the appeal factor of your car when you sell it. #nobrainer
Old 03-16-2012, 10:11 AM

The CR seats look good with a yellow exterior
Old 03-16-2012, 12:35 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by skibbz
The CR seats look good with a yellow exterior
As an owner of a yellow AP1 w/ CR seats, I second that motion.

While I liked driving my car before, I feel it's even more enjoyable now as the seat feel more comfortable for daily driving (subjective to me) and certainly feel much more supportive for the track and spirited canyon driving.

Dooooooo it.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:55 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm gunna do it Pickin it up Monday.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:30 PM

Pick it up. If you dont use it, ill buy it off ya! (if its clean)

Old 03-16-2012, 01:31 PM

$300 does seem awfully low. You sure the seats are not stolen?
Old 03-16-2012, 01:55 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by CR Matey!
$300 does seem awfully low. You sure the seats are not stolen?
It's $300 for one seat...while that is still low, it is not unreasonable depending upon condition of the seat and how badly hurting for money the person selling is.

I had gotten my set for like...$750. It was only after the seller offered to help me uninstall my old seats and install the seats I was purchasing from him that I offered to give him my used AP1 seats so that he may sell them for his compensation. The seats I got from him were like a 9/10 for the drivers and 10/10 for the passenger. My old AP1 passenger was like a 8/10 and drivers was a 6/10 because of the side bolster being abused.

Back to the topic at hand though, eklipz98: I'm 5' 7", 165 lbs, medium build and the side support of the seat felt great while I was at Chuckwalla Valley Raceway last weekend. I've had mine since about October of 2011.
Old 03-17-2012, 05:23 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^ You should try a bucket

Minus getting out of the car, I actually like the bucket better in EVERY way. I sit rather straight, so to me, it is more comfortable, even for daily driving.

Quick Reply: CR seat for AP2