S2000 CR Club Racer Edition CR stands for "club racer," conjuring up the good old days when guys drove their sports cars to the track, raced them, and then, if the racing gods were smiling, drove them home again

CR Spoiler Mount Dimensions.

Old 03-26-2012, 05:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CR Spoiler Mount Dimensions.

I was wondering if someone could measure their CR mounting points on the trunk to help with an install. Any help is appreciated.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:28 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by S2000 Type_S
I was wondering if someone could measure their CR mounting points on the trunk to help with an install. Any help is appreciated.
Inside or outside? Are you mounting onto a regular or CR trunk? LMK exactly what you want and I'll get you some measurements with calipers.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by psychoazn
Originally Posted by S2000 Type_S' timestamp='1332811110' post='21546393
Inside or outside? Are you mounting onto a regular or CR trunk? LMK exactly what you want and I'll get you some measurements with calipers.

Both would help. I am having it mounted on a non cr trunk but with bracing to the underside of the trunk to help support it.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:07 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by S2000 Type_S
Both would help. I am having it mounted on a non cr trunk but with bracing to the underside of the trunk to help support it.
I was trying to find places to measure from, but there are no hard edges to measure with, so this is the only pic that I could really take.

I would recommend you center the wing left/right, and then use this measurement to determine how far back the wing is. The measurement is from the outermost spot of the 3rd brake light, to the center of the CR wing stand. It's at an angle, and equal on both sides. This is for factory placement. If you put it back further, you'll get more downforce
Old 03-27-2012, 08:53 PM

Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by S2000 Type_S' timestamp='1332898277' post='21550279
I was trying to find places to measure from, but there are no hard edges to measure with, so this is the only pic that I could really take.

I would recommend you center the wing left/right, and then use this measurement to determine how far back the wing is. The measurement is from the outermost spot of the 3rd brake light, to the center of the CR wing stand. It's at an angle, and equal on both sides. This is for factory placement. If you put it back further, you'll get more downforce
Old 03-28-2012, 06:59 AM

Received 191 Likes on 118 Posts

Could I offer a suggestions? Get a large piece of paper from a craft store. Take your wing off the car. measure and trace the outline of the trunk onto the paper. Then you will have a "hard" line/point to measure from. For example:
All measurements should be taken from the same place. If someone has the time to make something like this, it would probably be very helpful to others.

I know all the holes are not in align, but for simplicity I sketched it that way.

[attachment=18409:trunk measurementspng.jpg]
Attached Thumbnails CR Spoiler Mount Dimensions.-trunk-measurementspng.jpg  
Old 03-29-2012, 01:41 AM

Originally Posted by S2000 Type_S' timestamp='1332898277' post='21550279

Thanks so much! I will make sure to post pictures when it is on!
Old 03-30-2012, 05:33 PM

Before I got my actual CR trunk, I eye-balled the general measurement from pictures online and when I was actually able to get the correct specs on the holes, I found I was only 1/4" farther ahead but you couldnt ever tell. As long as you measure good, and with the help of the above picture you shouldn't have any trouble. I just put some nice big washers underneath to brace my spoiler and never had a problem with warping of the trunk lid. The only reason Ive got an actual CR trunk now is because I got rear-ended last year. Good-luck!
Old 05-06-2015, 06:19 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mandru5891
Before I got my actual CR trunk, I eye-balled the general measurement from pictures online and when I was actually able to get the correct specs on the holes, I found I was only 1/4" farther ahead but you couldnt ever tell. As long as you measure good, and with the help of the above picture you shouldn't have any trouble. I just put some nice big washers underneath to brace my spoiler and never had a problem with warping of the trunk lid. The only reason Ive got an actual CR trunk now is because I got rear-ended last year. Good-luck!
how big a washer?
Old 05-08-2015, 03:52 AM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

I would try as large a nylon washer as I could fit with a smaller metal lock washer on top. The nylon should be strong enough, yet not scratch/burr the paint when tightened down.

Quick Reply: CR Spoiler Mount Dimensions.