S2000 CR Club Racer Edition CR stands for "club racer," conjuring up the good old days when guys drove their sports cars to the track, raced them, and then, if the racing gods were smiling, drove them home again

Info on CR JHMAP21218S001605

Old 06-10-2014, 10:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xpressive
Price is 24,888. I'll be checking it out later this week if someone doesn't beat me to it.
That's not bad actually. Wonder what kind of shape it is in.
Old 06-12-2014, 12:48 PM

Just got done looking at it. Not in the best condition in my opinion. Front had the clear film but still had some decent sized chips. Rear wheel wells looked kinda of bad the plastic lining was completely hanging off. Rear end by the exhaust the paint looked weird. Oh yeah the service was the worst I have ever seen.
Old 06-12-2014, 01:06 PM

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by cmuder90
Just got done looking at it. Not in the best condition in my opinion. Front had the clear film but still had some decent sized chips. Rear wheel wells looked kinda of bad the plastic lining was completely hanging off. Rear end by the exhaust the paint looked weird. Oh yeah the service was the worst I have ever seen.
Sounds like sub 20K price.
Old 06-12-2014, 02:49 PM

Interior was perfect and engine was clean. All stock. Also to note the sticker said $28,888 and the website says $24,888 not sure what is correct.

If anyone else goes in ask for Matt. He is the worst ever. He told me he was getting annoyed with people calling on it and coming to look at it. Also count how may times he tells you "it won't make it through the day".
Old 06-27-2014, 12:50 PM

I've talked on the phone to these guys.. But that's just too far for me to ship a car and have to fly out to see it.

All I'm going to say is that the owner of the dealership hates s2000 because the ones they had in the past were broken into. They will work with you on price. It was a good deal, but it's too far away for me to take advantage.
Old 07-11-2014, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by cmuder90
I came across this this vehicle this morning on autotrader. So far it has mostly cosmetics issues ? I know you stated the paint was weird, possible body work ? It was a clean carfax if it means anything.
Old 07-11-2014, 06:17 PM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

Carfax only reflects what's been publicly reported. Wink..... Wink.
Old 07-18-2014, 12:05 PM

Received 313 Likes on 166 Posts

I had a local member go out and check this car out for me today. He said mechanically the car is in good condition, however cosmetically it is not so great.

From the quick pictures he sent me I noticed that the front bumper is missing it's VIN tag, there is a gouge in the paint on the vertical passenger side portion of the front bumper about an inch long starting at the top of the lip. There is a clear bra on the front bumper and first 1/3 of the fenders, however there are still some rock chips that have gone down to the metal in 3-4 places on the car. The chips look a bit larger than normal in the pictures, however with nothing in scale to compare it to I can not be sure how large they are. Both front headlights will need to be replaced, they have a bunch of vertical cracks in them. I'd be willing to bet the clear bra on the headlights is to thick and the lenses cooked themselves. The rear bumper has also had some sort of paint work. The center portion between the exhaust tips is very rough to the touch. It is also missing the spare tire cover in the trunk. He mentioned that the driver seat has some white/gray'ish line on it that he thinks can be cleaned out but he is not sure.

Old 07-18-2014, 01:30 PM
Community Organizer

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

work that price down and fix it! turn it into a race car.
Old 07-18-2014, 03:41 PM

Received 313 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by iamxpL
work that price down and fix it! turn it into a race car.
I can't. Even if I got them down to something like $22k I still do not think the car is worth that, at least not to me. I'm willing to overlook somethings that I can correct but missing VIN tags and repainted body panels aren't really what I'm after. If it was done right that would be one thing, but with chipping, flaking, and rough paint I'll have to pass.

Quick Reply: Info on CR JHMAP21218S001605