S2000 CR Club Racer Edition CR stands for "club racer," conjuring up the good old days when guys drove their sports cars to the track, raced them, and then, if the racing gods were smiling, drove them home again

My GPW 2008 CR

Old 07-18-2011, 06:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My GPW 2008 CR

As some of you already know, I purchased the 2008 GPW CR that was out at Norm Reeves Honda in West Covina. Found it on Autotrader Wednesday July 6th called around 12:30PM CST and after much to do had secured the car at 11:00PM CST. Was quite the battle and apparently caused quite a bit of hoopla at the dealership. Despite me committing to the car several times throughout the day, I was at a disadvantage only because they could not hold the car and I live in Austin. They preferred to deal with local customers, which I could understand. At one point the car was "sold" to someone else but after the person made a 2 hour drive with his wife from Encino she put the kabosh on the deal! Must have been a painful ride back. That is when I received the call that I had finally secured the car. Bought my ticket that night and flew out Saturday at 6:00am CST to Longbeach airport and did not return home until Saturday at 11:00pm CST. Long ass day to hunt a car down.

Car was picked up Monday by Exotic Car Transport. I made a last minute change from Horseless Carriage based on some solid feedback from a friend. I'm sure you could not go wrong with either. Car was delivered Saturday and am very impressed with the vehicle. Amazing car. For being such a focused car I'm not sure why the car carries the same stock, heavy exhaust and it would also have been nice to have a VGS style steering wheel. Last little thing that I may change is to darken the Honda logos. All the other logos are flat black, why not the Honda badge?

A few pics.

Arrival at LGB.

All mine.

Leaving West Covina

Austin delivery

One day!!!

Off the truck!

My old S2000 (2001 GPW).

The beast. I do miss this car. Sadly the person I sold it to destroyed it. It is no more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oc2-VNbnQvI
Old 07-18-2011, 07:19 PM
Go2

Congrats! i called on this too lol! Oh well... I got an ABP with 4300 miles on it instead .. Why'd you get rid of such a BEAUTIFUL MACHINE? Any ways ENjoy the heck out of your new CR bro!
Old 07-18-2011, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Go2
Congrats! i called on this too lol! Oh well... I got an ABP with 4300 miles on it instead .. Why'd you get rid of such a BEAUTIFUL MACHINE? Any ways ENjoy the heck out of your new CR bro!
Thanks. Congrats to you as well.

Concerning the NSX.....yeah that was a mistake. We had a child and thought I would be a bit more responsible. Sold it and my daily driver to purchase a RS4. That was another mistake.

I'm thinking I'll probably hang on to this car for a bit until the right NSX pops up meaning a non paint work Zanardi or a 2002+ LBBP/Black NSX. We'll see.
Old 07-18-2011, 07:50 PM

Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Austin_S2000
Originally Posted by Go2' timestamp='1311045558' post='20792400
I'm thinking I'll probably hang on to this car for a bit until the right NSX pops up meaning a non paint work Zanardi or a 2002+ LBBP/Black NSX. We'll see.

I'm in your boat as well.

Congrats on a beautiful CR, I enjoyed reading the journey of obtaining the car

-Ira
Old 07-18-2011, 08:23 PM

Ira,
The best of both worlds would be to keep this and find another NSX. We'll see but would need to persuade the wife.

-Jose
Old 07-18-2011, 09:59 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrats Jose! If I picked up a NSX, it would either be the Zanardi edition or a 02+ in white.

I loved the way you kept the stock look on the AP1 and I have no doubt that you will be an awesome GPW CR owner.
Old 07-18-2011, 11:49 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Austin_S2000
At one point the car was "sold" to someone else but after the person made a 2 hour drive with his wife from Encino she put the kabosh on the deal! Must have been a painful ride back.
Poor Ben
Old 07-19-2011, 12:55 AM

Beautiful CR!
Old 07-19-2011, 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by takchi
Congrats Jose! If I picked up a NSX, it would either be the Zanardi edition or a 02+ in white.

I loved the way you kept the stock look on the AP1 and I have no doubt that you will be an awesome GPW CR owner.
Thanks. 02 white would sure be nice but such tough find now.

My AP1 was a bit understated. Has a Mugen header, AEM intake, Hondata intake spacer, OZ Superleggeras, Comptech red strut bar, Red H emblems, all the factory aero bits, fuel pressure regulator (back in the day), tuned with a VAFC and minor brake upgrade (2 piece rotors, Project Mu pads and stainless steel lines). At least from what I remember.
Old 07-19-2011, 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by psychoazn
Originally Posted by Austin_S2000' timestamp='1311042739' post='20792300
At one point the car was "sold" to someone else but after the person made a 2 hour drive with his wife from Encino she put the kabosh on the deal! Must have been a painful ride back.
Poor Ben
Your tire thread is awesome by the way!