S2000 CR Club Racer Edition CR stands for "club racer," conjuring up the good old days when guys drove their sports cars to the track, raced them, and then, if the racing gods were smiling, drove them home again

My wannabe GPW CR (Imitation is the highest form of flattery....hehe)

Old 06-13-2011, 03:24 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by s4play
Of course it’s an unfair comparison in terms of cost and level of mods but I’m pretty sure both cars will beat any NA s2000.

Buttonwillow on 7/9 or Thunderhill on 7/10?

I may have a few tricks up my sleeve... or I may not.

For the s2000’s tiny 4 cylinder motor, (this is strictly my opinion) but any NA mods in general are futile and really worthless unless you are building a pure race car and have no limitations in noise or emissions. A supercharger is really the way to go in terms of ease and reliability.
Totally agree... too loud
Old 06-13-2011, 06:36 PM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by psychoazn
Originally Posted by s4play' timestamp='1308000423' post='20678481
Of course it’s an unfair comparison in terms of cost and level of mods but I’m pretty sure both cars will beat any NA s2000.

Buttonwillow on 7/9 or Thunderhill on 7/10?

I may have a few tricks up my sleeve... or I may not.

For the s2000’s tiny 4 cylinder motor, (this is strictly my opinion) but any NA mods in general are futile and really worthless unless you are building a pure race car and have no limitations in noise or emissions. A supercharger is really the way to go in terms of ease and reliability.
Totally agree... too loud

I love that image...hahaha! Oh on the track it's all about driver skill But for day to day driving the feeling of boost is un-beatable after a long day at work!
Old 06-13-2011, 07:14 PM

I've been waiting to use that image

We'll have to do some runs after I get some boost
Old 06-16-2011, 08:38 AM

I've been waiting to use that image

We'll have to do some runs after I get some boost
Which kit are you going with? Turbo or supercharge?

I'm so in with my SOS kit, this is how the s2000 should come from the factory! I can keep up with my wife's IS-F now and we have an appt next week to get it tuned a bit more, can't wait
Old 06-16-2011, 09:17 AM

I'm 95% sure I'll be using a variation of the Kraftwerks kit tailored to my desire. I'd love the TTX, but the price is too high with the exchange rate

I'll have two tunes, and need to fab a way to quickly change restrictor plates (to limit output)
Old 06-17-2011, 08:53 AM

You sound like a man who knows exactly what he wants - very cool! Can't wait to see your setup. The guy who is doing my tune has a KW kit that is putting out about 380 rwhp and is a real track beast. He wanted me to go KW but I ended up with the SOS kit since I really like how it can be upgraded as I go.

Do you know any places that stock SAMCO green hoses and Stainless T-clamps? I want to upgrade a few of the couplers and build my own intake setup so I can modify the BOV to dump into the atmosphere. I don't like the intake and want to do a cold air box of sorts vs. the hot air it's sucking in right now.

TGIF
Old 06-17-2011, 09:16 AM

Yeah, that's my fear. I'm afraid I'll eventually want more power and the C30-94 is gonna put a hamper on that. The only way to increase power at that point will be to increase efficiency of my whole system. I may need to get a custom intake manifold fabbed, or maybe go a bit crazy (aka unrealistic) and go BMW style with ITBs housed in a plenum.

I love how the SoS is stealthier from an external point of view. I'll be painting/powdercoating the FMIC black (I hope this doesn't add to the IAT too much in the sun....)

Ultimately, I want to end up with a car that LOOKS like a stock CR, but underneath will be JRZ/Ohlins, FI, and a full underbody

Gonna be a while before I get there.
Old 06-17-2011, 11:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, that's my fear. I'm afraid I'll eventually want more power and the C30-94 is gonna put a hamper on that. The only way to increase power at that point will be to increase efficiency of my whole system. I may need to get a custom intake manifold fabbed, or maybe go a bit crazy (aka unrealistic) and go BMW style with ITBs housed in a plenum.

I love how the SoS is stealthier from an external point of view. I'll be painting/powdercoating the FMIC black (I hope this doesn't add to the IAT too much in the sun....)

Ultimately, I want to end up with a car that LOOKS like a stock CR, but underneath will be JRZ/Ohlins, FI, and a full underbody

psychoazn, I'm loving the "sleeper" mentality. I hope you make a build thread of some sorts later down the line.
Old 06-19-2011, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by closetgeek
Originally Posted by psychoazn' timestamp='1308330989' post='20693357

psychoazn, I'm loving the "sleeper" mentality. I hope you make a build thread of some sorts later down the line.

Whhat is a full underbody? Suspension, bracing?

I like the sleeper look but I don't think a CR can be stealthy! hehe
Old 06-20-2011, 10:03 AM

I like to play on the "oh he's just a riced up honda" assumption.

It's hilarious being able to bully mustangs/camaros/evos/stis/etc with just a really loud exhaust though.

Quick Reply: My wannabe GPW CR (Imitation is the highest form of flattery....hehe)