S2000 CR Club Racer Edition CR stands for "club racer," conjuring up the good old days when guys drove their sports cars to the track, raced them, and then, if the racing gods were smiling, drove them home again

NEW S2000 CR owner

Old 09-25-2013, 10:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default NEW S2000 CR owner

Hello all. This is my introduction thread. Been lurking on the CR boards for awhile. I just purchased my MY08 Rio Yellow Pearl CR (#186, Vin 000466) from Mooresville, NC and it was just delivered to me in Hemet, Ca this morning. It has 25k miles and some change. I didn't want to post until I had the car in person even though the deal has been finalized for a couple of weeks. I had it shipped in an enclosed trailer so it wasn't coming cross country on a regular transporter. This is my 2nd S2000, my previous one being a MY00 AP1. I loved that car and it meant an unfortunate ending at my hands I'm sad to say. On to some pics.

The story with my AP1 is kind of embarrassing. I was parked in a parking lot on a slight incline with the e-brake set...in neutral (I know) . After about ten minutes with no issue, the car decided to go for a roll and this is the end result. This car I had owned for almost a year as my commuter car (It had 89k on the clcok when I bought it). Less than a month before this happened I spent $1400 getting a new soft top installed. Long story short, insurance totaled the car out. I wasn't looking for a CR as a replacement just an AP2 with low miles as it would be taking over duties as my weekend car. I made the decision to turn my 08 Civic Si sedan into my daily driver. I called on a few base S2000's from dealerships that I found on Autotrader but the cars I called on had been sold. Then I stumbled across this car at Randy Marion Subaru and noticed in their advertisement they financed nationwide. I called them up and had a deal in place in a matter of hours. Paperwork was overnighted to me, I overnighted it back and that was it. Super simple process. Got her for $27k. The guy at the dealership told me his friend was the previous owner of the car and had traded it for an STi so after agreeing on price I found out I would also be getting Honda OEM Hardtop stand, Honda OEM hardtop cover, and never-installed side strakes. (Stoked). The only mods it has is a very nice Cusco strut bar that I had planned on removing but now I'm not sure and it the whole front end and mirrors are wrapped in a 3M clear bra.

I took her out for a drive and I'm in love. I thought I loved my AP1, this is a whole different beast. The AP1 tranny was excellent but the feel on this thing is amazing. I was also pleasantly surprised by the exhaust, sounds even better than my stock Si exhaust. I don't plan on doing any mods..because it's a CR. I even think the stock wheels look amazing with the Rio Yellow. Look forward to interacting with the other CR owners.
Old 09-25-2013, 10:49 AM

Received 191 Likes on 118 Posts

Welcome.
Old 09-25-2013, 11:16 AM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

Welcome qBIRD, I'll get your information added to the CR Roll Call shortly. She looks to be in great shape and very clean looking!
Old 09-25-2013, 11:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Vanishing Point
Welcome qBIRD, I'll get your information added to the CR Roll Call shortly. She looks to be in great shape and very clean looking!

I have a question for you CR or AP2 owners. I noticed this thing while locking it doesn't have the meep meep horn that my Civic Si has and my AP1 had. Did Honda change the horn to a big boy horn or did the previous owner drop in an Accord horn?
Old 09-25-2013, 11:55 AM

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

Welcome aboard! I liked reading your story, minus the part about your AP1 lol... sorry to hear that happened. But at least things worked out and you now have an even better S2K I am doing the same thing as you by dailying an 8th gen Si sedan and using my CR on the weekends and I can tell you it's a great combination.

In regards to the horn, they changed them on AP2s... my '05 had the "big boy" horn and so does my '08 CR. It's how it comes from the factory

Edit: I'm home from work and can see your pics now... LOVE rio yellow!
Old 09-25-2013, 01:48 PM
Community Organizer

Received 663 Likes on 417 Posts

Congrats. Looks like you got a good deal and the car looks nice I have to say the yellow CRs are starting to grow on me.
Old 09-25-2013, 06:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats!
Old 09-25-2013, 07:00 PM

Welcome, and good job picking the best color
Old 09-26-2013, 04:48 AM

Beautiful picture, congrats!
Old 09-27-2013, 06:06 PM

You have to be an absolute idiot to trade in an CR for an STI! STI's are a dime a dozen ( No limited Production), no convertible, heavy and much uglier than an S200!I want to meet him and laugh in his face. I would love to see the guys face when He starts driving the STI! Congrats on the buy, One mans stupid thought process is another mans opportunity! Don't be afraid to mod it, you can do simple mods to enhance the car and still keep it authentic! Flashpro does wonders for creating midrange power. There's nothing wrong with wanting a little more power in a CR.

Quick Reply: NEW S2000 CR owner