S2000 CR Club Racer Edition CR stands for "club racer," conjuring up the good old days when guys drove their sports cars to the track, raced them, and then, if the racing gods were smiling, drove them home again

Official S2000 CR Owners Thread Part V

Old 05-03-2013, 09:32 PM

Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts

Old 05-06-2013, 10:11 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I need to get to it, but I'll sign up soon Ira. DON'T WORRY!
Old 05-06-2013, 11:25 AM

Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts

You better!
Old 05-08-2013, 12:49 AM
Ldo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What mods do I need to put the Recaro Tomcats in my CR? How do I deal with the passenger weight sensor and seat position sensors for the airbags?
Old 05-08-2013, 07:41 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ldo
What mods do I need to put the Recaro Tomcats in my CR? How do I deal with the passenger weight sensor and seat position sensors for the airbags?
I have the perfect thread for you (and I'm too lazy to type...)

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/101...ment-question/
Old 05-16-2013, 06:53 PM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

Anyone in the market for a S2000 CR coffee mug or water bottle. Too bad they don't represent the other CR colors. Oh, and they have base S2000 one's as well.

http://www.cafepress.com/+s2000_cr_mug,604387766
Old 06-05-2013, 12:45 PM

Received 191 Likes on 118 Posts

It is very dead around here lately. Did my last fun drive of the year a few weeks ago. Its summer time in AZ which means 110 degrees outside and not the funnest time of the year to drive the car I am going through withdraw as my car pretty much has become a garage queen and sits all the time now. I get it out briefly once every two weeks for a trip to the gym or something on a saturday but that is about it. Life has also gotten in the way of me enjoying the car.
Old 06-05-2013, 02:21 PM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by adrs2k
It is very dead around here lately. Did my last fun drive of the year a few weeks ago. Its summer time in AZ which means 110 degrees outside and not the funnest time of the year to drive the car I am going through withdraw as my car pretty much has become a garage queen and sits all the time now. I get it out briefly once every two weeks for a trip to the gym or something on a saturday but that is about it. Life has also gotten in the way of me enjoying the car.
Adam,

Sometimes those infrequent drives are "sweeter" than the regular/DD drives. A new appreciation for the car seems to arise when we don't regularly drive them, almost like having a new car.
Old 06-06-2013, 04:34 AM

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by adrs2k
Yeah, it has been dead around here. Sucks you haven't been able to enjoy the CR as much, it's actually interesting to me that you have a down season for your CR in summer. I would suspect you'd be able to enjoy it year round with your climate, whereas mine is stored for the winter.

Originally Posted by Vanishing Point
Adam,

Sometimes those infrequent drives are "sweeter" than the regular/DD drives. A new appreciation for the car seems to arise when we don't regularly drive them, almost like having a new car.
Agreed with this. I go through serious withdrawls during the winter not driving my CR and then when spring finally arrives, it's like enjoying a whole new car all over again after having been stuck with my DD only for months. Even during the week when I don't take my CR out hardly, once the weekend rolls around and I take it out, it makes me appreciate it even more

Trust me though, I still know how difficult it can be to not drive and enjoy it lol
Old 06-06-2013, 06:28 AM

Received 191 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by FurY
Originally Posted by adrs2k' timestamp='1370465137' post='22589018
Yeah, it has been dead around here. Sucks you haven't been able to enjoy the CR as much, it's actually interesting to me that you have a down season for your CR in summer. I would suspect you'd be able to enjoy it year round with your climate, whereas mine is stored for the winter.

Originally Posted by Vanishing Point
Adam,

Agreed with this. I go through serious withdrawls during the winter not driving my CR and then when spring finally arrives, it's like enjoying a whole new car all over again after having been stuck with my DD only for months. Even during the week when I don't take my CR out hardly, once the weekend rolls around and I take it out, it makes me appreciate it even more

Trust me though, I still know how difficult it can be to not drive and enjoy it lol

I guess I should be more clear. It gets really HOT around here so taking the top off and going for cruises doesnt happen during the summer. I also stop doing track days as well. So yes I get to drive the car year round, I am spoiled with great weather for 8 months out of the year so the 4 summer months I drive the car less and its only around town which is boring! So summer in AZ are the not as fun car months hahah.

Its mainly just life getting in the way of enjoying the car right now. Since I never drive it, I never have to clean it, so I never spend time with it That said, I think I will go drive it tomorrow and run some errands. Plus the AC in the CR is far superior to my beater DD and this time of year cold AC is the best thing in the world!!!

Yep this is true! For me I have always had my fun car be my only car so for over 12 years I always drove my fun car. I am still adjusting to having a daily driver and only driving the S2000 for fun now. I do certainly enjoy it when I drive it, but its still an odd feeling having a car that spends most of its time sitting.

Quick Reply: Official S2000 CR Owners Thread Part V