S2000 CR Club Racer Edition CR stands for "club racer," conjuring up the good old days when guys drove their sports cars to the track, raced them, and then, if the racing gods were smiling, drove them home again

Running into non forum CR Owners

Old 05-04-2011, 02:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Running into non forum CR Owners

My name is Kieran and I reside in beautiful but rainy Seattle. I dont know of any local CR owners who are active on the forum but I have have counted three other CR's up here. Unfortunatley I have never been in my CR when I see them. I have seen two Apex Blue CR's and just yesterday while riding my bike a GPW CR in downtown Seattle. I approached one of the Apex Blue owners at a local fast food joint last summer and told him he had a nice car he said thanks then I told him I had one he chuckled and said sarcastically "Okay." I wonder if this happens to any of you guys considering about 10% of CR owners seem to be on this Forum hopefully having our own forum will attract in some of the strays.
Old 05-04-2011, 03:24 PM

Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts

Kieran, every CR owner I've ran into has been really friendly. I blame it on being "seattle" I saw an apex blue up there in south center parking lot on Sunday. No owner in site though. I'm really surprised you saw a GPW CR.
Old 05-04-2011, 03:25 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I get the sarcastic "okay" all the time even if its not a CR... they just assume you either have a random crapbox and are envious of their s2k.

@ Ira: I see a GPW CR every day. Almost
Old 05-04-2011, 03:50 PM
Ldo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Somebody should come up with a special greeting sign so if we run into another CR owner, we'll know if he/she is from this forum.
Old 05-04-2011, 03:51 PM

My girlfriend thinks that other S2k's ignore me because I have a CR. She likes to throw the deuce
Old 05-04-2011, 05:55 PM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

I've thought that S2KI should come up with a small brochure that members could place under the wiper of a parked car or hand out. There are a lot of S2000 owners that know nothing about this site. I've encountered several CR's in my travels, I usually honk and wave and they usually wave back. The funny thing is I only see Berlina or Rio CR's here in central Texas.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:59 PM

Cool, I'm actually moving to Seattle at the end of June and will be looking for a CR. I was planning on buying one in California and driving it up, but it's cool that there are some local ones.
Old 05-04-2011, 06:09 PM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

What color are you hunting? Ira, (#172CR) may know of a very low mileage ABP at a dealer in Washington state. I don't recall the name, but pm #172CR , he may recall the info.
Old 05-04-2011, 06:14 PM

Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Vanishing Point
I've thought that S2KI should come up with a small brochure that members could place under the wiper of a parked car or hand out. There are a lot of S2000 owners that know nothing about this site. I've encountered several CR's in my travels, I usually honk and wave and they usually wave back. The funny thing is I only see Berlina or Rio CR's here in central Texas.

Steven, we actually have cards we pass out to fellow s2000's here's what ours look like;

Old 05-04-2011, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Vanishing Point
What color are you hunting? Ira, (#172CR) may know of a very low mileage ABP at a dealer in Washington state. I don't recall the name, but pm #172CR , he may recall the info.
I'm hunting for a GPW (yes, I know, it will be tough to find ). I might settle for yellow.

Quick Reply: Running into non forum CR Owners