S2000 CR Club Racer Edition CR stands for "club racer," conjuring up the good old days when guys drove their sports cars to the track, raced them, and then, if the racing gods were smiling, drove them home again

S2000 CR potential purchase - asking for opinion

Old 05-17-2017, 04:36 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Having an S2000 C/R and a "Base" S2000 both is not rational...... but who cares !! I have both and my daily driver is a 2015 Civic SI. I just got into back sales at a Honda dealer in Tampa and we do not even have a true release date or production numbers.
Old 05-22-2017, 05:26 AM

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnsS2000
Having an S2000 C/R and a "Base" S2000 both is not rational...... but who cares !! I have both and my daily driver is a 2015 Civic SI. I just got into back sales at a Honda dealer in Tampa and we do not even have a true release date or production numbers.
Do you ever feel like you have too much of the same thing? I considered getting a 2nd S2K at one point to put more miles on, mod, etc and not be as worried about keeping it pristine like I do the CR. I'm assuming your CR gets less road time than he base model does? I also have an Si daily, it's an '11 sedan, works great as a daily, I've been very happy with it.
Old 05-22-2017, 06:38 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by FurY
Do you ever feel like you have too much of the same thing? I considered getting a 2nd S2K at one point to put more miles on, mod, etc and not be as worried about keeping it pristine like I do the CR. I'm assuming your CR gets less road time than he base model does? I also have an Si daily, it's an '11 sedan, works great as a daily, I've been very happy with it.
Not at all. It actually makes me feel better about putting more miles on the AP1 and less guilty feeling for not driving the CR much. Actually, before the 2nd S, I did not want to do a lot of modifications to the AP1 but now I do not mind it as much. They are both quite different even though they are Both essentially the "same" car.
The following users liked this post:
FurY (05-23-2017)
Old 05-22-2017, 08:02 AM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnsS2000
thats cool! I currently have a 15 SI as a daily driver also and an AP1. I have been recently looking into buying a CR and was debating on selling the AP1 to buy one or just keep it and add a CR.
I had the same question as FurY did. I wasn't sure if having both would feel like too much of the same thing lol.
Old 06-13-2017, 12:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just buy whatever that you can afford and make you complete and happy .

But IMO, if you just going to garage a car and not drive it then it really defeats the purpose of its existence. If you are just thinking to buy the car for investment, honestly the S is not that rare and it's more of a toy car. I can make much better return on investing in rental properties and stocks.

If you are not in a rush then just wait, the next market correction is coming soon and you will see the price go down along with it.
Old 06-13-2017, 07:12 AM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

. "If you are just thinking to buy the car for investment, honestly the S is not that rare and it's more of a toy car". Actually they only made 699 CR's, so yes it qualifies as a rare car. Some are even rarer still. Toy car? I assure you it's very real, even my DMV, Hagerty insurance and even Honda dealerships are convinced they are a real cars.

" I can make much better on investing in rental properties and stocks" Lot's of factors play into the profitability of either rental property and especially stocks, neither of which are as fun as the CR.

" If you are not in a rush then just wait, the next market correction is coming soon and you will see the price go down along with it". That prophecy has been in the wings for years, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting on it.
Old 06-13-2017, 07:26 AM

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by boosted180sx
thats cool! I currently have a 15 SI as a daily driver also and an AP1. I have been recently looking into buying a CR and was debating on selling the AP1 to buy one or just keep it and add a CR.
I had the same question as FurY did. I wasn't sure if having both would feel like too much of the same thing lol.
I don't think you should buy a CR, rather you should buy two.
Old 06-13-2017, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Vanishing Point
. "If you are just thinking to buy the car for investment, honestly the S is not that rare and it's more of a toy car". Actually they only made 699 CR's, so yes it qualifies as a rare car. Some are even rarer still. Toy car? I assure you it's very real, even my DMV, Hagerty insurance and even Honda dealerships are convinced they are a real cars.

" I can make much better on investing in rental properties and stocks" Lot's of factors play into the profitability of either rental property and especially stocks, neither of which are as fun as the CR.

" If you are not in a rush then just wait, the next market correction is coming soon and you will see the price go down along with it". That prophecy has been in the wings for years, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting on it.
Each to their own and everything I said above is only my personal opinions. I do not want people to think I am trolling or try to turn this into a flame war. When I said toy car, I didn't mean the S sucks nor being disrespectful. It's a great car and fun as hell, but the S was also mass produced, sure the CR is a limited edition with lower production but the differences are minor. Again, I am more of a driver than collector. If I ever want to collect rare cars though, it would be Porsche.

I have to say my stock portfolio has seen a much higher yield compared to the CR. Also the rental property I bought back in 2011 has more than doubled and I still have positive cash flow on it. In order to have a good resell value of the CR you need to keep it in pristine condition and not drive it so it takes up space. FYI A garage in my area can be rented for $500-$1000 per month depend on the location.

Regarding the speculation of market correction, well the economic cycle is unavoidable. The market has been bullish for too long, also the longer it stays bullish the harder the next crash it's going to be.
Old 06-18-2017, 07:25 PM

my friend has bought 5 S2000's to date, of which he still has 3: ap1 modded for the track, ap2 w light mods for canyon carving, CR stock as a collector and special occasions. can't have too many of a good thing lol
Old 06-27-2017, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Techie182
I got a really good deal. Don't think you'll find deal like this. Paid only $28k for 12k mile. Got it from guy who retired having trouble getting in and out of S2000. Drove 7 hrs to TN to pick it up. All bone stock one owner. There are some door dings and scrapes but nothing major. I think I paid around $5k less than going price. Took me couple months to find it. Good luck searching. Plan to keep this baby for long time.
Amazing find. Unfortunately think I will be paying something closer to market if I pick one up.

Where did you find it listed if you don't mind my asking?