S2000 CR Club Racer Edition CR stands for "club racer," conjuring up the good old days when guys drove their sports cars to the track, raced them, and then, if the racing gods were smiling, drove them home again

S2000 CR Supercharging

Old 12-24-2012, 04:49 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CrackerMacker
Originally Posted by FurY' timestamp='1356130612' post='22224678
[quote name='CrackerMacker' timestamp='1356044044' post='22222671']

Who's making a big deal of anything? I just enjoy the banter, thats all im saying.

Example of a pointless post = [quote name='FurY' timestamp='1355934405' post='22219621']I'd go base model if you choose to supercharge.
FurY, why would you even suggest this? I assume the OP already has CR, and now he's considering SC'ing. Do you really think that because purist frown upon boosting a CR, that he should go buy another S to boost, just to make a purist happy?
No I don't actually... it's his car and he should do as he pleases, was just my $0.02 on the matter having owned a boosted S2K and knowing how it can change the car. As I said earlier in this thread:

I agree, nothing wrong with boosting a CR necessarily... totally up to the owner.

OP - Best of luck in your research and do whatever you'll enjoy the most. And what psychoazn said is true about it being unforgiving... I used to own a turbo S2000 and can tell you that it's a lot more twitchy in the bends when you have that extra power.
At the end of the day he should do what he wants with his car and I directed him to the forced induction forum since it would be the better place to seek help and advice. [/quote]

I've heard a lot people with a turbo'd S say that the characteristics changed. How so? I'm curious to know, almost curious enough to buy another S just to put a turbo on it and see how different it is than my SC'd CR.

Having a basic SC kit with a Hondata tune, the characteristics havent changed IMO, it's just faster with a smoother transition to vtec. Then again I havent tracked my CR so i dont know how different it is when taking it to the limit.
[/quote]

A Stock S2000 (bolt-ons or not) comes with a level of balance that in unseen except in VERY few cars (RX-7 FD3S, NSX, and now the FR-S/BRZ). Once you turbo the car in ANY way, that balance is destroyed. You will never again be able to corner under a state of slip/zero-counter unless you're a driving god or a computer. Not only does it drastically change the weight balance of the car, the power delivery is no longer predictible.

Most supercharged cars can still be driven like a balanced car, but that is no longer the fastest cornering state for the car; it is faster to drive it like a vette.

And yes, I pity all the garage queens out there (minus a few who DO drive their other cars hard...)... I'll freely offer driving instruction to ANY CR owner who asks.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:20 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by psychoazn
I just see it as "this car was made to be driven, and I sure drive mine, and encourage others to do the same" lol.

Yup, I agree full-heartily that Mike goes by that mantra.

Kenny M.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by -=Zeqs=-
Originally Posted by psychoazn' timestamp='1356046318' post='22222728
I just see it as "this car was made to be driven, and I sure drive mine, and encourage others to do the same" lol.

Kenny M.
Thanks alot for all the input guys, i do appreciate it, indeed the CR is rare and im going to keep it that way.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by jdmspice
Originally Posted by -=Zeqs=-' timestamp='1356978055' post='22238452
[quote name='psychoazn' timestamp='1356046318' post='22222728']

Kenny M.
Thanks alot for all the input guys, i do appreciate it, indeed the CR is rare and im going to keep it that way.
[/quote]

Great choice. That's probably whats best for you.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by jdmspice
Originally Posted by -=Zeqs=-' timestamp='1356978055' post='22238452
[quote name='psychoazn' timestamp='1356046318' post='22222728']

Kenny M.
[/quote]

If you want to boost your car, I'm all for it. It's always been in the books for mine, and I still plan on doing it. (yeah, I've been saying that for 4 years now... approaching 5)
Old 01-15-2013, 10:29 AM

Received 191 Likes on 118 Posts

I have zero plans to ever go boost but that does not change the fact that I believe a bone stock CR with a supercharger would be an absolutely awesome HPDE car. Obviously track pads and fluid would be needed. You would have great out of the box handling and then the power to match. I think it would be a blast!
Old 01-15-2013, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by adrs2k
I have zero plans to ever go boost but that does not change the fact that I believe a bone stock CR with a supercharger would be an absolutely awesome HPDE car. Obviously track pads and fluid would be needed. You would have great out of the box handling and then the power to match. I think it would be a blast!
I would have gladly paid 50k for a factory supercharged (rotrex) CR with some Brembos (DC5R... bolt-on caliper from what I understand) up front... maybe some slightly wider wheels too.

Imagine the terror such a car would have incited....
Old 01-15-2013, 10:51 AM

psychoazn, what kit do you plan on going with? It looks like Vortech pulled the plug on getting 06-08 kit CARB cert as it no longer states that its pending or approved. I'm hoping that Kraftwerks gets their CARB cert, I might just get that kit.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:55 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by CrackerMacker
psychoazn, what kit do you plan on going with? It looks like Vortech pulled the plug on getting 06-08 kit CARB cert as it no longer states that its pending or approved. I'm hoping that Kraftwerks gets their CARB cert, I might just get that kit.
I thought KW is dead...heh.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:04 AM

Kraftwerks is dead.

Quick Reply: S2000 CR Supercharging