S2000 CR Club Racer Edition CR stands for "club racer," conjuring up the good old days when guys drove their sports cars to the track, raced them, and then, if the racing gods were smiling, drove them home again

Swift Spec R.... Review

Old 08-03-2012, 07:02 AM

Received 191 Likes on 118 Posts

Looks bout perfect. If only that is how the CR came stock, it surely looks oem! Some days at work when I drive the S2000 I park next to a Corvette, Porsche Boxster S and Porsche Spyder, and the CR looks like a monster truck.
Old 08-03-2012, 11:36 PM

Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Cronic
Are you guys able to get alignment in to an acceptable range with the Spec R's?
They should be fine. My car was much lower than the drop created by the Spec R's and was able to get into spec.
Old 08-05-2012, 08:00 AM
Go2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Phoenix2K
Originally Posted by Go2' timestamp='1342796914' post='21875582
[quote name='Phoenix2K' timestamp='1342711721' post='21872617']
John I just bought Swift spec R lowering springs for my CR i wanted to get some feedback from you and see what you thought about it let me know please
For the ride height, the CR looks like it should have come from the factory IMO with my current setup. I dont autoX or race mine so I cant give you feed back there, but as far as spirited driving and DD goes I can. The harshness of every imperfection is smoothed out and handling seems to be very similar to the stock CR springs. To reiterate, I am still on the original CR struts and now just over 19k on the car.

Congrats on your new CR! Hope you find our little corner of the world helpful and fun!

John
John i just put on my swift springs and i love them feels almost as factory springs but handle alot better the drop i got wasnt bad either
[/quote]

Glad it worked out for ya!
Old 08-25-2012, 05:53 PM
Community Organizer

Received 91 Likes on 76 Posts

These are on the list of possible Christmas presents or possibly earlier so I don't have to install them in the freezing cold.

From all that I have read the springs feel softer because the initial compression is smoother but the overall stiffness is there when you really compress them. As where others are just stiff from the get go and thus jarring. If that all makes sense.

Can't wait to get these though I worry as I sometimes on turns and a bump rub. I am worried that this will only make things that much worse. I have an '00 and am not rolled yet and honestly really am not interested in rolling.
Old 09-04-2012, 11:24 AM

Finally bit the bullet and ordered the spec R's today. Went back and forth for many months debating leaving the suspension stock, going all out like I had planned and getting some high end coils and doing lots of track days, or getting some springs to get the look just right. I unfortunately am just too busy to focus on tracking the car, so I decided to get some springs since the car will be primarily used on the street, mountain drives, and hopefully at a few track events here and there. I think the springs will help me achieve my goals of making slight improvements all around to the CR. I will also be taking my car to SOS after I install the springs and getting a proper alignment.
Old 09-04-2012, 12:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by adrs2k
Finally bit the bullet and ordered the spec R's today. Went back and forth for many months debating leaving the suspension stock, going all out like I had planned and getting some high end coils and doing lots of track days, or getting some springs to get the look just right. I unfortunately am just too busy to focus on tracking the car, so I decided to get some springs since the car will be primarily used on the street, mountain drives, and hopefully at a few track events here and there. I think the springs will help me achieve my goals of making slight improvements all around to the CR. I will also be taking my car to SOS after I install the springs and getting a proper alignment.
Are you currently or going non-staggered?
I am interested in your findings because I am pondering also if these springs are worth it
As I am planning to keep my CR suspension all stock as there is nothing wrong with it

Preserving my CR fenders are my top priority and I honestly don't think 17x9 +63 wheels all on stock CR ride height is too high
Another problem I have to deal with if I lower my car is that my 255 AD08's run really wide

Better to have higher ride height than a jacked fender
Name:  bluethumb.gif
Views: 1470
Size:  400 Bytes
Old 09-04-2012, 12:18 PM

I would like to eventually go non-staggered. I have driven and seen a CR with these springs a few times and it looks/feels perfect.

I have been against doing just springs for awhile, and only felt that dual adjustable coil overs where worthwhile, but to be honest, on the street I LOVE the feel of the CR shocks. The car has a very taut and aggressive feel which I know would be almost impossible to replicate with a coil over. Again, I am only talking about feel, not performance.

The out look for the next 1.5years does not have me tracking the car frequently or at all so buying 2g+ coilovers seems like complete over kill for what has become a garage queen that gets driven once a week. Perhaps down the road once grad school and the wedding is out of the way I will find the time/money to do some real tracking and invest in coil overs. So for now springs seemed appropriate. I want a mild drop to make the car look like it should have from the factory, and I think a slight increase in the spring rate can help the car, especially if kept staggered. Increase in rear spring rate and an overall decrease in the front to rear ratio should make the car have a little less understeer. Also a proper alignment will help.

I plan on bolting some 17x9+60's with 255's onto my car after I lower it to check the fitment etc. Probably October time frame. So if you hold out until then, I will have a post/pictures to see what that setup will look like and how it will work. Ideally i would like to not roll my fenders, but I do have a set of spares laying around that can get painted etc and bolted onto the car if need be. Rear fenders I dont care about rolling though. Just the fronts.
Old 09-04-2012, 12:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have another set of spare fenders as well and was planning to flare those to put on the CR
but honestly I just don't have the heart to modify this beautiful street car anymore as it is perfect the way it is!

I guess I will just have to get another S and modify the hell out of that!
Name:  bluethumb.gif
Views: 1467
Size:  400 Bytes
Old 09-04-2012, 12:37 PM

^ Yea I hear you on that. I have been finding myself wanting a non CR lately so I could have the soft top back, and not feel bad about modding it. I enjoy modifying cars, and honestly the CR is awesome out of the box and should be left fairly stock unless its going to be really used at the track, which was my plan, but I dont seem to be able to do it. The only mods the CR really needs is flashpro and a tune to wake the car up. I coupled that with I/TP/E so it really helped the car.
Old 09-06-2012, 07:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the more i read about these the more i want them, probably later this year

Quick Reply: Swift Spec R.... Review