S2000 CR Club Racer Edition CR stands for "club racer," conjuring up the good old days when guys drove their sports cars to the track, raced them, and then, if the racing gods were smiling, drove them home again

Time to part ways

Old 02-22-2013, 06:58 AM

Received 191 Likes on 118 Posts

Can we make a donation website, start doing car washes, and selling frozen pizzas to help raise money to help you keep your CR?
Old 02-22-2013, 07:01 AM

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by adrs2k
Can we make a donation website, start doing car washes, and selling frozen pizzas to help raise money to help you keep your CR?
This... if we can do something to help raise some money to help you keep your CR, I think that would be great
Old 02-22-2013, 08:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by adrs2k

I agree, sorry to hear about this Mike, been great bouncing ideas with you on our CRs even being on two different ends of the country, a huge contributor to this site and the CR community.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am another lurker who has had an education on S2000's from Mike's posts. It is difficult to see someone who enjoyed his car so much to have to let it go. Prayers and best wishes for a timely resolution to your problem!
Old 02-23-2013, 05:33 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

A stand up gentleman here!
Sorry to hear about this.
I feel your pain, as my finances have been dominated by my car hobbies for the past 12 years.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:40 PM

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

can we get everyone to renew their membership and donate the funds to you?????
please stick around
Old 02-24-2013, 12:23 AM

Hrmmm, wondering if this is whole whole story....
Old 02-24-2013, 01:12 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Eklipz98, a lot of people down here in SoCal have a pretty good understanding of the whole story. I know a little more than what PsychoAzn has put out there, because I have communicated with him a little due to going through a similar situation, though mine was self-inflicted. As you mentioned in a prior comment though, he is a stand up gentleman, so he will not put the truly responsible party on blast. I said it before and will say it again. I have not once from the beginning to now, on this forum, Facebook, or any other social media related site seen him put the responsible person on blast. I have the utmost respect for him for doing what he is doing because he is taking ownership for a bad situation, even though it means paying for someone else's mistake.

I said it on his Facebook page at someone else's suggestion, but I'll say it again. If someone is willing to set up a legitimate donation page to help him out, I will donate some money even though I too am tight on funds at the moment. It's not really a charity situation because he has shared with us a wealth of knowledge and never hesitates to help someone out that is humble enough to ask for it. Unfortunately it is the same generous nature of his that has gotten him in a bit of a financial rut.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by -=Zeqs=-
Eklipz98, a lot of people down here in SoCal have a pretty good understanding of the whole story. I know a little more than what PsychoAzn has put out there, because I have communicated with him a little due to going through a similar situation, though mine was self-inflicted. As you mentioned in a prior comment though, he is a stand up gentleman, so he will not put the truly responsible party on blast. I said it before and will say it again. I have not once from the beginning to now, on this forum, Facebook, or any other social media related site seen him put the responsible person on blast. I have the utmost respect for him for doing what he is doing because he is taking ownership for a bad situation, even though it means paying for someone else's mistake.

I said it on his Facebook page at someone else's suggestion, but I'll say it again. If someone is willing to set up a legitimate donation page to help him out, I will donate some money even though I too am tight on funds at the moment. It's not really a charity situation because he has shared with us a wealth of knowledge and never hesitates to help someone out that is humble enough to ask for it. Unfortunately it is the same generous nature of his that has gotten him in a bit of a financial rut.
I completely understand.
Though, in order to find more compassion for the situation, the details may actually work in his favor.
If I was in a position to help, I would.
Also, I'm not in a position to state any further details of my knowledge of the situation, but I feel for the guy, because I know his heart is pure.
Nothing but respect for the people involved who did nothing wrong.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:19 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by eklipz98
I completely understand.
Though, in order to find more compassion for the situation, the details may actually work in his favor.
If I was in a position to help, I would.
Also, I'm not in a position to state any further details of my knowledge of the situation, but I feel for the guy, because I know his heart is pure.
Nothing but respect for the people involved who did nothing wrong.
The details of this incident are quite well documented. It is unfortunate to see so many varying opinions about the situation. Kids will be kids. Mike is someone I look up to converse with about ideas and life. I, as well as the community, want him to keep his car forever as he has spent every ounce of effort to maintain his car like it was only child. We all would like to see this car kept in this close community.

Quick Reply: Time to part ways