S2000 CR Club Racer Edition CR stands for "club racer," conjuring up the good old days when guys drove their sports cars to the track, raced them, and then, if the racing gods were smiling, drove them home again

Why does the CR lip and wing gets such nasty reviews....

Old 04-04-2013, 11:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Why does the CR lip and wing gets such nasty reviews....

Today i was reading some articles on edmunds, road and track, car and driver, etc and their reviews on the CR as well as the normal S. Every single one of them attacked the front lip and wing basically saying it ruins the car's looks and lines. It was a pretty big put down in my view.....as i think both look great..and add functionality..
Old 04-04-2013, 11:21 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Every car review I've seen of a vehicle that has any type of extreme aero, usually gets bad reviews for it... being "boy racer" and such.

I think the CR aero looks at home on an S2000. I know plenty of people that really don't like it, but I think if you're around the front lip and rear wing enough, it REALLY grows on you.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:23 AM

Received 191 Likes on 118 Posts

Probably because the wing and front lip on the CR are such a big departure from the standard S2000. The standard S2000 is a much more elegant, clean, and subtly roadster, and the CR is a more purposeful and in your face car.

People just don't like change, they need time to warm up to it! I honestly have always loved the CR lip and wing though

I agree with Fish! A lot of people think the CR lip looks tacked on and doesnt flow...I think that is completely false and find the CR lip to really look great on the car!
Old 04-04-2013, 11:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by adrs2k
Probably because the wing and front lip on the CR are such a big departure from the standard S2000. The standard S2000 is a much more elegant, clean, and subtly roadster, and the CR is a more purposeful and in your face car.

People just don't like change, they need time to warm up to it! I honestly have always loved the CR lip and wing though

I agree with Fish! A lot of people think the CR lip looks tacked on and doesnt flow...I think that is completely false and find the CR lip to really look great on the car!

I agree they look great and as the other poster said, they grow on you. I didnt like either at first but after a while i fell for the front lip and think the wing looks great too. I want the rear end to not lift as much and keep a bit more stable at high speeds. I wanna drag race the car more than track it on an autoX so i want high speed stability...
Old 04-04-2013, 12:03 PM

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by FISH22
Every car review I've seen of a vehicle that has any type of extreme aero, usually gets bad reviews for it... being "boy racer" and such.

I think the CR aero looks at home on an S2000. I know plenty of people that really don't like it, but I think if you're around the front lip and rear wing enough, it REALLY grows on you.
Agreed with what Fish wrote. I also think it's true what he said about it growing on you... truth be told when I first saw pics of the CR when it debuted I thought the lip and wing were a bit much. After a while it grew on me and then when I decided to purchase a CR and saw it more in person due to owning one, I have to say I really came to love the overall look.

It's actually kind of funny... I see other S2K's now without a front lip or wing and think they look naked or like something is missing
Old 04-04-2013, 12:05 PM
Community Organizer

Received 70 Likes on 49 Posts

Clearly, they aren't young enough or a fan of Honda's to know that the wing and lip goes great! I definitely love how it looks on my car...way better than stock!
Old 04-04-2013, 12:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I always loved the wing but hated the front lip, thought it was too bulldog-ish. It definitely grew on me though, I can't imagine my car without it now.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the lip, but don't like the wing. If I didn't have to keep it for classing rules, I'd get a wingless trunk.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's funny that the lip is highly sought after now.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:58 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I still think it's a bit gaudy... for the size of the CR wing, I'd much rather have a Voltex 1S with OEM looking stands like the CR stands, and body color matched.

The front lip... hell, make it even more aggressive!

After seeing it so much, you get used to it, but it's still an afterthought =\

Quick Reply: Why does the CR lip and wing gets such nasty reviews....