S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

alpine kca-420i ipod adapter install

Old 03-09-2005, 10:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default alpine kca-420i ipod adapter install

hi. i would greatly appreciate suggestions on good locations to:

1. install the kca-420i (hopefully using the standard cords)
2. run the ipod plug wire (under center console into lockable storage area?)

thanks.
Old 03-10-2005, 12:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pull drivers sieat forward take off rear panels behind seat and place the ipod 420i behind , sits very close to spare wheel but theirs enough room, pad it out so no movement, and then drill a small hole into your glove box and run cable into it from behind, i only have one picture which shows very little but here it is.

its very simple and had i thought about it more i guess it could have been a smaller hole or another way of getting th ecalbe in but it does me good enough.
Old 03-10-2005, 06:28 AM

Hello,
I just installed this also. The cable end is kind of large to fit in a small hole. i think mine is like 1/2" in size maybe. I placed it in the lower center of the glove box. I took a lot of pic's of the install. I was running Clarion but switched to Alpine. I am running the Ipod 4G 40GB, Alpine CDA 9847 and the ipod interface. I have pic's of the install also. I used a hole plug from the installers at Best Buy and it looks like factory. Let me know if you want to see it and I can do a write up and put it on here. I am just waiting for my DCI to come back cause i had to send it in because it was for the Clarion and wouldn't work with the Alpine. I still have a little work to do such as getting the Spods and adding a 4 ch amp. I already have a sub installed. I did all of the work myself. I found a guy that will bulid me a Fiberglass sub box for like 125.00 plus cost of materals. So I am changing out my sub box soon. The one i bulit was my first time doing it so it is ok. I am just trying to get it a little better. If I can help let me know.
Dewayne
Old 03-10-2005, 06:31 AM

pics? show me, don't tell me,
Old 03-10-2005, 10:34 PM

very clean looking and sounding installs. a write up would be the most excellent find as i will clean up my test install.

more details on the physical location/installation of the ipod adapater (i.e. did you use the velcro? did you screw it in? what did you use for padding?

requesting more pictures, descriptions, write ups thank you.
Old 03-11-2005, 04:57 AM

Ok, I will do the write up and include the pictures with it. I may not be able to upload the pic so I may need help with that. I am off tonight so I will get working on it tonight and have it up by tomorrow.
Old 03-11-2005, 10:17 PM

wow thanks. eagerly awaiting the arrival of my modifry dci and a ipod adapter write - with pictures.
Old 03-12-2005, 04:01 AM

cool. I can't wait. I'm about to do this (before the dragon), and I'd love to see how others did it. thanks guys
Old 03-13-2005, 01:17 AM

I just got mine done at a local stereo shop today and its great! The KCA-420i are selling like hotcakes everywhere I went and luckily a Best Buy had one left! You should also get the dash controller made by a company called PAC (part# SWIX) retails for $89.95. This way your dash controls dont go to waste. The shop only charged me $80 for labor so it was well worth it for me. I'm still tinkering with all the controls on my Alpine deck so that I can easily navigate through folders/songs/playlists etc.. The standard way of installing the adapter is to run a wire through and out of the glove box just like the pic above. You'll love it!
Old 03-13-2005, 07:16 PM
Kel

Kind of off topic but are the 05 Alpine HU line available yet?

Quick Reply: alpine kca-420i ipod adapter install