S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

anyone know how many bulbs go behind the remote volume control toggle?

Old 04-20-2019, 01:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default anyone know how many bulbs go behind the remote volume control toggle?

Hi everyone, I am almost done replacing all the burnt out bulbs on my dash.
call me OCD but I kinda get a kick out of replacing these tiny things.
anyway, how many bulbs go behind the volume rocker switch?
its asking for 4
35855-S2A-505Bulb (14V 0.56W)plus a different bulb for the start button illumination and a different button for the MODE button.also, any tips on how to remove the remote radio control module?do I have to lower the steering wheel column to get the cluster surround with all the controls off?thanks much!Louis
Old 04-22-2019, 07:03 AM

Received 1,315 Likes on 993 Posts

There is just one bulb in the actual volume switch itself. An extra long body bulb. But the whole audio section has a total of...memory here, 4 short body bulbs with black rubber cover, one amber one, and one uncovered one.

Yes, you have to drop column, remove entire gauge cluster from car. There is then a cover on the back that mist be removed to get to these bulbs. A pair of screws, then its clipped in on all corners. You'll need three small screwdrivers or other mini pry bars to hold each clip open to then get one corner of cover off. Then you'll see tbe bulbs.

Don't forget the bulbs in the vsa and cruise control switch. Also all the bulbs behind hvac controls.

Vsa and cruise each take two bulbs, and also have colored bulb condoms.

There are also bulbs in the switches in console. Defrost, roof, emergency flashers.