S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

Best Components for my S2K! Please give advice!

Old 03-08-2005, 10:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Components for my S2K! Please give advice!

Hello Everyone,

I recently just bought an 05 S2K and I'm looking to put in a set of components. I had the MB Quart Premium Series in my old S2K and they were great except the tweeters were a little harsh and they could have used a little more mid-bass. Trying to decide between Diamond Audio top of the line model, MB Quart Q Series, JL ZR Series, Focal Utopias, Dyne Audio....just to name a few...any input would be greatly appreciated...

Don't really have a set budget...just looking for some kickass sound...great all around would be nice since I'm not planning on putting in back speakers or anything like that...please feel free to give me your input!

Appreciate it!
Old 03-09-2005, 04:06 AM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My ears like Focal Utopias. I've not been upset with this purchase one minute. When tuned properly they can deliver quality bass and the tweeter is not ear bleeding material. However, I would go listen to the different brands and make the decision for yourself based on your listen preference.

I know that there is a whole population that says spending that much money on speakers for the S is a waste of money because of all the road noise. Oh well it's my money. That's the great thing about the good ole USA!

Although, I don't think you can go wrong with the Utopia.
Old 03-09-2005, 07:07 AM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no budget?! Damn, you people got it good

Focal, MBQuart (QSD only), Kappa Perfect, Alpine SPX, Rainbow, Brax, possibilities are endless.

However, many people say no budget because they dont realize how much these speakers actually cost. The Inifinity and Alpine are about 200+, but the others are 500+
Old 03-09-2005, 07:36 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I would like to recommend you Pioneer TS-C160R.
you can buy these online for about ~150.
They have GOOD Mid-bass, and GOOD highs.

These are proabably one of the cheaper component you can buy for the sound.
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=272235
Old 03-10-2005, 12:17 AM

Keep 'em coming..>Thanks guys
Old 03-10-2005, 12:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bostonacoustics

i found these are great but others might come back and say no. but they have very good sound.
Old 03-10-2005, 05:16 AM

Just switched from Alpine SPX series to JL Audio XR series.....dramatic improvement for my listening tastes.....seem to maintain their composure at higher volume than the Alpines and the tweeter is a lot crisper without being harsh.....the ZR series are supposed to be even nicer but not sure about availability yet, JL keeps moving the launch date......my $.02 worth....
Old 03-10-2005, 10:25 AM

mb quart q series are but exspensive.. I have the boston acoustics pro series, they have great bass and very smooth across all ranges. The important thing is what sounds good to you. Listen to several ones, take along your own music so you can hear them with what you listen to.
Old 03-10-2005, 11:30 AM

My ears like the MB Quart QSD 216s the best but it takes some will power with tuning and some bleeding of your ear drumbs to get them right. They're certainly not for everyone in this car. Next up, I like the Focal Utopias. I honestly don't love the setups I've heard but I assume I could tune them to fit my tastes pretty easily. Certainly, they are top quality great sounding components that can take way too much power for their size (that's a good thing )
Old 03-10-2005, 08:05 PM
Spammer

Originally Posted by S2KNormR1,Mar 8 2005, 11:26 PM
Hello Everyone,

I recently just bought an 05 S2K and I'm looking to put in a set of components. I had the MB Quart Premium Series in my old S2K and they were great except the tweeters were a little harsh and they could have used a little more mid-bass. Trying to decide between Diamond Audio top of the line model, MB Quart Q Series, JL ZR Series, Focal Utopias, Dyne Audio....just to name a few...any input would be greatly appreciated...

Don't really have a set budget...just looking for some kickass sound...great all around would be nice since I'm not planning on putting in back speakers or anything like that...please feel free to give me your input!

Appreciate it!
my vote is for Lotus reference!

the only car audio component set located at Alexis park(high end audio) at CES.

ah, the review for Lotus is in the newest issue of Car Audio and Electronics magazine.

Quick Reply: Best Components for my S2K! Please give advice!