S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

Clifford Matrix 50.7X Alarm

Old 03-17-2009, 08:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by erenyes,Mar 17 2009, 03:27 AM
i have been getting pricing on an alarm install in the boston area either the compustar pro or the viper 5901, one shop said he can do it for around $700 another was higher at $1100 which i think is to high, he's gonna hide the brain and do the hood pins and trunk and doors and another said $850ish for the 5901 install...i feel as tho i am being ripped off, anyone on here in the boston area, i will drive a bit further for a reputtable installer...sorry for highjacking the thread, but it gives you an idea of what others are getting for pricing, where are you located btw..

Sam
$850 is for the Viper 5901 installed with hood/door/trunk pins, auto start, proximity sensor, trunk pop, back up battery, and kill start? My shop was able to do all that for $800.
Old 03-18-2009, 01:20 AM

they'll just be using the factory door and trunk pins.... Even if they install new pins, it is an over kill...

with all those features and the particular model, you can get it done within or less than $550 in socal with a pretty decent installation...
Old 03-18-2009, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by Claus,Mar 18 2009, 01:20 AM
they'll just be using the factory door and trunk pins.... Even if they install new pins, it is an over kill...

with all those features and the particular model, you can get it done within or less than $550 in socal with a pretty decent installation...
$550 installed for the Viper 5901 or Clifford 50.7X? Those alarms are the best on the market right now and is very expensive. An alarm is only as good as the installer. If you find a reputable shop who can do a good install, the high price should justify it. Keep us posted after the install.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is there a good reason not to use the OEM pins and signal lines? I'd have said $650-ish is a good package price, assuming no pin installs.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oem pins are excelent, i wouldn't want anything other.. for one they would have to drill new wholes.. for two they would probully use cheep plastic one..

i have never seen an installer add aftermarket pins to a car that has perfectly good ones..

I have seen installers charge for door pins even though they just tap the oem wire..
Old 03-19-2009, 01:13 PM

if you know how to use a multimeter and a little on wiring , then i would say do it yourself,not too hard , it just takes time and patience.I did this same alarm install without the remote start last week on my S and only paid ($250.00)for the 5901 viper alarm and 20$ for an auto relay(+ trunk output) and a spdt relay for the GWA wire,and for the lock and unlock wires you just add pins in the two unused slots(theres actually 3 unused on the oem keyless module but the one with two slots right next to each other is the one you want to be tapping into.)

also if you dont wanna install yourself then it might be cheaper to just buy one online
and then get it installed.down in Pensacola fl there's an Authorized DEI installer that quoted me at 150 for the install(acessories included just no remote start) but they couldnt get me in their schedule until 2 weeks later which is why i opted to install myself.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by wickedrex,Mar 18 2009, 06:40 AM
$550 installed for the Viper 5901 or Clifford 50.7X? Those alarms are the best on the market right now and is very expensive. An alarm is only as good as the installer. If you find a reputable shop who can do a good install, the high price should justify it. Keep us posted after the install.
if you've ever seen the confidential price sheets, you'll notice these things have incredibly high mark ups Of course, the local market price also depends on how competitive the area is and how the installer does it.

Good electrical connections are a must, no question asked. The remaining things are how the wires are run and hidden(taped up with factory wires to confuse the thief etc), where the siren is hidden(some where that cannot be easily seen from the top or the bottom of engine bay), and where the brain is hidden(like inside the center console behind the radio). A patient installer will be able to get all these done and these are actually not much additional work.

btw, it is best if you can stick around and watch the install while the alarm is being done. I have seen too many systems that weren't done as promised cuz those shops think their customers would never figure out how vulnerable the install really is.

Two more things. Since you are paying that much for the system, make sure that they don't just stick the command center(the antenna+led+valet button thing) on to the wind shield and ask they to place it in our little secret compartment The viper style bypass gives the thief 5 tries to turn off the alarm without messing with the wires if you are not in the paging range. If you are worried about not having an obvious blinking LED to deter kids, just ask the shop to add one. Also, make sure you ad the self powered siren as well(hiding one in the dash with it pointed down would drive the thief nuts when he tries to mess with the wires or you can simply put it in the engine bay as well)

just my two cents after seeing a lot of installs
Old 03-20-2009, 12:45 AM

btw, DEI doesn't honor the life time warranty on their products if the system was not purchased and installed by an authorized dealer. And a retail store Authorized Dealer is not suppose to sell the system without installing it(breach of contract, dealer status will be removed if DEI finds out). Some might bend the rules but it is better to be safe than sorry.
Old 03-21-2009, 10:13 AM

[QUOTE=Claus,Mar 20 2009, 12:39 AM] if you've ever seen the confidential price sheets, you'll notice these things have incredibly high mark ups
Old 03-28-2009, 01:58 AM

oops, was on vacation for a week, I'll try to answer the questions tomorrow if I have time. Hopefully it's not too late for you to take the car back to the installer

Quick Reply: Clifford Matrix 50.7X Alarm