S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

Gauge cluster lightning went out (Qube engineering)

Old 03-18-2015, 06:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gauge cluster lightning went out (Qube engineering)

Hi all,
currently have the Qube engineering LED conversion for my gauge cluster in white(looks great btw). I was running it for around 5-6 months without problems and then took the car down to put in a different turbo kit. While burning off the old gas and making sure there aren't any leaks, the backlighting went out one night and the only things that worked on the cluster was everything not illuminated by the LED's (turn signal, warning lights, etc).

Art from Qube sent me another board pretty quickly (excellent customer service), I installed it and drove it for another few days and same issue came about where the LEDs simply went out. Checked all fuses before installing 2nd one and ensured that there was power going to the gauge cluster and everything seemed fine. One thing that I noticed on the 2nd time around was that the LED's seemed to be working, but were extremely faint to the point where it looks like the gauge cluster is predominately blacked out. Sent an e-mail to Art and just awaiting an answer, but wanted to reach out to see if anyone else had any problems with their gauge clusters going out or have any ideas on what can be occurring. I'd say the only change while installing the new turbo kit, electronically, would be the addition of the oil scavenge pump, rewiring of the radiator fans (ptuning plug and play for the most part), and adding in an AEM oil temp sensor into my serial gauge. Thanks for any insight!
Old 09-30-2015, 12:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

too much load could cause to LED light burn( faint , flash AND MORE). May need ResistorS.
It has nothing to do with turbo Unless you wired it Wrong somehow to ecu Lol..