S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

HELP!!! How do you Make the sidemarker light turn on along with parking lights!

Old 01-18-2004, 04:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!! How do you Make the sidemarker light turn on along with parking lights!

I need help on:

1st question:
wiring the "sidemarker lights" so it turns on too, when I turn on my lights, but yet will still keep the blinking feature. I tried tapping wires from the sidemarker to the parking lights, but just kept blowing the 10amp fuse.

2nd question:
wiring the "front turning signals" so it turns on too, when I turn on my lights, but yet will still keep the blinking feature

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!
Old 01-18-2004, 07:34 AM

With this set up you will be able to have the side marker lights on with the running lights and then when you put the blinker on they will blink. You will need 4 relays and 2 diodes, 2 relays and one diode for each side. Tap into the wires needed and wire them up according to the diagram and there you go. I came up with this when I wanted the same thing for the side markers that had on my Si. Any questions pm me.
Old 01-18-2004, 12:42 PM

darksyde, you the man!!! So, when people say they can just tap wires and get the same effect without relays and diodes, is it just a rumor or can it be done as well? Cause, relays and diodes, OMG, soo much work! =) mark
Old 01-18-2004, 05:02 PM

You can't do it with diodes alone. basically all diode do is stop electricity from going in the oppisite direction in a circuit. Wiring all this up isn't to difficult but time consuming, becuase you have to tap the proper wires, run them to were you will have the relay and wire the relay up. What I did was to first wire the relay up with the diode in the proper and left about 4"-6" of wire off the relay. Then I tapped and ran the wire to where I was going to mount the relays, and wired it all up there.

If you don't feel comfortable with it. You can take the diagram to a stereo shop have them do it. The install shop shouldn't take more than a hour to do the install, which with a reasonable shop should cost about $50 a hour.

But really it isn't that much work it just looks like it.