S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

What security system?

Old 01-18-2004, 06:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What security system?

After seeing one too many stories of seats and cars walking away, I'm looking at going beyond the basic alarm. I've searched both onsite and online and don't know that I've gotten all the possibilities, let alone selected a preference. Here are the criteria I'm looking at, what are your answers?

Car is parked in my house garage overnight, but it's a daily driver, sitting in a large semi-public garage during the day.

99% of the time, I'll be in the Dallas area.

I will not be using the OEM hardtop full time, but expect to leave the top up if I'm parked.

I want to keep the OEM immobilizer (no auto-start)

I want an audible alarm if somebody enters the car.

I'd like an alarm if the car gets towed.

My desk is about 1500' and several floors away from my regular daytime parking spot.

I'd like a remote alert, so I'd know when the alarm goes off, even when I'm not by the car. I carry both a cell phone and pager regularly, so another large receiver would be a bit much.

While a locator (LoJack) may be nice, and it is supported in my area ,) I strongly suspect that if the car leaves, I'll want a full insurance payout instead of recovering a stripped frame.

False alarms are a big deal, another car in the daytime garage was keyed after the driver had noticed multiple false alarms but kept his alarm on during the day.

I'll probably want a professional installation, instead of a do-it-yourself. Although I've got the talent, I don't have the experience to see the best installation options.

No budget, but I can't afford the armed guard to stand next to the car 7x24!

Thanks for your thoughts in advance!