S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

An idea. Worthful or Worthless

Old 10-22-2002, 11:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default An idea. Worthful or Worthless

I have a system with an amp and sub. I replaced my stock speakers and have them in my garage just sitting. I thought maybe I can use them in my trunk. I say #uck the rear speakers idea, thats useless. So I figure why not install both speakers on my sub box for one purpose, to use at the park for outdoor audio entertainment. Does anyone know the perks or peives or whatever. Can this be done or has it been done. Is it safe installing speakers on my plexi glass vented sub box?
Old 10-22-2002, 11:41 AM

the stock speakers are worthless but if you're going for outdoor entertainment don't expect too much.
Old 10-22-2002, 05:30 PM

Hold on a minute im not competing. I have a rockford lightning amp and it has a little speaker on it for ishts and giggles, its pretty damn audible for it being so small. In comparison if done right it may be loud enough.
Old 10-23-2002, 03:06 AM

Originally posted by BlueHS2000
I have a system with an amp and sub. I replaced my stock speakers and have them in my garage just sitting. I thought maybe I can use them in my trunk. I say #uck the rear speakers idea, thats useless. So I figure why not install both speakers on my sub box for one purpose, to use at the park for outdoor audio entertainment. Does anyone know the perks or peives or whatever. Can this be done or has it been done. Is it safe installing speakers on my plexi glass vented sub box?
I don't even know where to begin to correct you, but for outdoors and parks, get a boombox. You're either killing your battery or wasting gas otherwise.
Old 10-23-2002, 06:35 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by BlueHS2000
You want to install the speakers ON the box, or IN the box?

IN the box is a no-no. They will not only interfere with the sub's operation, (probably make it sound like crap), but there's a good chance they will be damaged by the sub woofer. If it's a big sub, it can pump enough air to over-power the other speakers, and possibly drive them beyond their physical excursion limits and damage them.

If you mean ON the box (just screwing the speakers face-down on the outside of the box, this will work. It won't work great, they will sound a little worse than they did in the doors, but at least it won't hurt either the sub or the factory speakers.

If you made a separate box for the factory speakers it would be better, but like you suspected, it may not be worth that much effort.

One more note - you should probably refrain from comments like "#uck that" and "that's useless". Neither one conveys any usefull information. If you had actually tried the rear speakers, or listened to them in someone elses car, then you would be qualified to say things like "I didn't like them" or " I prefer the soundstage to be all up-front" or " I didn't think they added much to the listening experience".

But "#uck that" only serves to put people off, not pull them in, get them on your side, and have them offer any helpful advice. Hence, lucid, who is normally one of the most helpful and cooperative guys around, just gives you a snappy come-back to your complete and total bashing of his product, when you don't have any basis for your comments.

I, however, am in an exceptionally good mood today, and gave you some useful advice specific to your question. And some advice for using this forum. Have a nice day.
Old 10-23-2002, 08:38 AM

I was just curious bc I was just thinking of a way to use the left over speakers. but you do have good points. thanks. So im probly not going to execute that move. Well what if I were to put them in my car as rear speakers. would they even add punch?