S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

ipod / iphone player in s2000

Old 12-15-2010, 03:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ipod / iphone player in s2000

Hello,

I'm sure this topic has been discussed many times and several threads available. I want to listen to the music on my iphone. What is a good ipod/iphone player that I can attach in my s2000 (budget = ~300$)? It would be nice if I can install it myself, using the instructions provided in the manual ! I saw a nice video on youtube for NEO :[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAEJ_ycduWQ [/media]
I might try this out since it looks simple and it works for me...

But if there are any better options please let me know if you guys have a chance..

Thanks
J
Old 12-15-2010, 03:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that video lol seems so old. I haven't seen those Ipod models in ages.
Old 12-15-2010, 03:49 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Doesn't honda make an auxiliary adapter or something?
Old 12-15-2010, 04:28 PM

what i do is stream pandora through my iphone 4. it would work the same, if not better with an ipod because HU's these days have ipod control. i bought a pioneer 3200ub HU and i also bought a modifry dash bracket along with a proclip iphone 4 holder (to connect to the bracket)

i then run a usb from my iphone 4 to my HU. i can skip songs though my HU and it works wonderfully. i dont need an AUX cable either, it charges, and strems through the USB. i also use my iphone 4 for navigation (navigon) and it works great. i highly recommend this system. good luck.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:44 PM

thanks bmms8. It looks good. Hope it was easy process to install - wiring and stuff.

The Sony DSX S200x looks great since the iphone/ipod just slides inside the deck - which leaves a lot of space ! But I am not sure if the audio door will close after installing it...
Old 12-15-2010, 07:04 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

USASPEC makes one if I'm not mistaken. I have seen their name thrown around and only heard good reviews. It plugs into the stock headunit and uses the CD changer port.
Old 12-15-2010, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by TheMuffinMan,Dec 15 2010, 10:04 PM
USASPEC makes one if I'm not mistaken. I have seen their name thrown around and only heard good reviews. It plugs into the stock headunit and uses the CD changer port.
I own the USASpec unit and I LOVE it. It installs with the OEM CD player and has a nice long cable to plug into my iPod touch. I can still use my OEM radio controls as well.
Old 12-16-2010, 07:20 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wakathi,Dec 15 2010, 04:22 PM
I'm sure this topic has been discussed many times and several threads available. I want to listen to the music on my iphone. What is a good ipod/iphone player that I can attach in my s2000 (budget = ~300$)?
What exactly are you looking for? Do you want to interface with the factory stereo? Do you want to replace the factory stereo with a head unit that has a built-in iPod interface? Are you looking to control the iPod directly or via the head unit/dash controls? Do you need to retain dash controls?

Have you bothered to read any of the other related threads?
Old 12-16-2010, 09:37 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I got a good Alpine unit for $200 with iPod support and front USB. Plus in the USB to the iPhone, charging and music at the same time. Boom. Works great.

And for those of you with iPhones, download the TuneIn Radio app. Listen to any FM/AM radio station in the WORLD. Favorites list so you can scroll through your fav stations in the world on one screen. Went from a local NJ rock station, to a PA rock station, to a Puerto Rican station, then to Rinse FM in the UK. All over 3G. Hell yes. MUCH better then Pandora.
Old 12-16-2010, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by wakathi,Dec 15 2010, 07:44 PM
The Sony DSX S200x looks great since the iphone/ipod just slides inside the deck - which leaves a lot of space ! But I am not sure if the audio door will close after installing it...
There will be a Sony DSX-S200X underneath the Christmas tree for me along with a Modifry DCI. I did A LOT of research and felt this was the way to go for me. Sony makes a very good HU and the ability to stow my iPod/iPhone inside the HU was a big plus...and yes, I confirmed the door will still close.

Quick Reply: ipod / iphone player in s2000