S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

Ipod wireless adapter. Griffin iTrip (Black)

Old 06-28-2008, 07:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ipod wireless adapter. Griffin iTrip (Black)

I don't want to get a new stereo headunit, because I don't want to fiddle around with a remote reciever to preserve the controls on the side.. so will this work?

I plan on getting an IPOD and this
http://store.apple.com/us/product/TQ043LL/...dio&mco=MTU3MjI

Mounting a little velcro above the radio, its wireless it tunes into the current radios frequency, and I would still be able to use my controls on the side, just expecting the volume control to work, of course I know I would have to seek next song on my physical ipod. Yes
Old 06-28-2008, 09:37 AM

You would have to use the Ipod controls to change songs. If the only reason you aren't changing the head unit is dash controls, I was very impressed with modifry's unit. It allows you to keep your dash controls with many aftermarket headunits.

Of course, the ipod part is cheaper than the modifry and an aftermarket deck.
Old 06-28-2008, 11:10 AM

I'm interested in getting something like this for my iPhone. To do it right seems to be around $350 for new HU,modifry, and iphone cable.
Old 06-28-2008, 02:14 PM

Yes I would have to use the IPOD to seek to the next song, but the volume control would work correct?
Old 06-28-2008, 02:45 PM

How bad could the quality be from the FM transmitter, I mainly want this so I can get alot of songs in my car, as well as I want an IPOD it would be more useful for me rather than spending money on a better headunit/ipod interface/ etc.
Old 06-28-2008, 04:11 PM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Those FM transmitters are junk. Dont waste your time. For $50 more you can buy a decent $99 radio with a front AUX input and get WAYY better sound. Plus a good aftermarket deck will make your OEM speakers sound WAY better
Old 06-28-2008, 04:44 PM

You can also buy interfaces that connect to the back of the stock head unit via the CD Changer input. I just bought the BlitzSafe one off ebayfor $75 shipped. I just got the one that uses RCA input(which will have a RCA to 3.5mm jack cable), due to the fact that I will be using an iPhone. (Basically the speakers are acting like headphones)

By doing this, you will not loose the dash controls. However, using this particular set-up I will have to change the songs by using the iPhone itself. When it gets here, I will do a little "How To" post on how I installed it.

Basically, I just wanted the most cost effective way to use my iPhone in the car, and after doing some searching around that is what I found.
Old 06-28-2008, 04:52 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The FM transmitters are crap, don't be fooled. I second the recommendation to add an aux-in adapter to the stock radio. It will sound quite good, especially if you get a cable that connects to the iPod dock port. For a little more $$, you can get a full-on iPod adapter that will charge the iPod and possibly even allow basic control through the radio and dash controls.
Old 06-28-2008, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by skier219,Jun 28 2008, 04:52 PM
The FM transmitters are crap, don't be fooled. I second the recommendation to add an aux-in adapter to the stock radio. It will sound quite good, especially if you get a cable that connects to the iPod dock port. For a little more $$, you can get a full-on iPod adapter that will charge the iPod and possibly even allow basic control through the radio and dash controls.
I was going to go with that set-up. BlitzSafe makes it as well, and its basicly the same price. But since I will be using my iPhone I didn't go with that type of connection, becuase I heard you have to put the phone in "Airplane Mode" which doesn't give the best quality at times.(This mode also inhibits you from receiving calls as well, no?) Once again, this is just what I have read on this site, I have no first hand experience with it.
Old 06-28-2008, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by skier219,Jun 28 2008, 04:52 PM
whats a good aux in adapter in that works with the stock radio

Quick Reply: Ipod wireless adapter. Griffin iTrip (Black)