S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

Ipod wireless adapter. Griffin iTrip (Black)

Old 06-28-2008, 05:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^ The one I will be using is made by Blitzsafe. I there is also the D-I.C.E and P.E.I units (I think thats what they are called) These just turn your CD Changer Input into a RCA, 3.5mm Mini Jack, or iPod dock connector.
Old 06-29-2008, 06:54 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CU Nick,Jun 28 2008, 08:10 PM
I was going to go with that set-up. BlitzSafe makes it as well, and its basicly the same price. But since I will be using my iPhone I didn't go with that type of connection, becuase I heard you have to put the phone in "Airplane Mode" which doesn't give the best quality at times.(This mode also inhibits you from receiving calls as well, no?) Once again, this is just what I have read on this site, I have no first hand experience with it.
When the iPhone "suggests" Airplane mode, it's usually because it doesn't recognize the adapter. But there is no requirement to choose airplane mode. When I connect my iPhone to the stereo in my RDX or S2K via a dock connector, I simply decline to go into Airplane mode. When listening to music or playing movies, you are using the iPhone in "iPod" mode. If a call comes in (or you want to make a call) the iPhone just changes into "phone" mode. This normal operation is unaffected by the audio hookup in my S2K and RDX.

In the RDX, I use a basic dock to aux-in cable (since the RDX stereo has a audio in jack on the front). I have an old Dension iceLink in my S2K (I believe DICE sells the modern version of that iPod interface adapter) and it works great with the iPhone. In addition to passing the audio connection, the iceLink charges the phone and lets me use the stereo controls to control the iPhone. I should note that the iPhone/iPod interface is far better than stereo controls, so I normally just use the iPhone interface. The exception is that I often use the "CH" button on the dash to skip tracks. It's very convenient.

In case anyone is wondering, there is a tremendous advantage to using the audio connection on the dock compared to the headphone jack. This is true for all iPods and iPhones. The dock's audio out is at line level, which is much stronger than the headphone's level. To get decent levels out of the headphone jack, you need to increase iPod volume quite a bit, which can hurt sound quality. So try to use the dock's audio out whenever possible.

I have seen that new DICE interface for $150-180 online:

http://www.logjamelectronics.com/densioni20hondar3.html
Old 06-29-2008, 07:12 AM

Here's a good dock to 3.5mm cable that works great for iPods:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000YTNJEG?smid=A...20&linkCode=asn

This does not work for the iPhone, because it lacks a ground trigger pin in the connector that tells it to enable audio out, but for straight iPods it works wonderfully.

The same company makes a similar cable that has left/right RCA connectors instead of the 3.5mm connector.
Old 06-29-2008, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by skier219,Jun 29 2008, 06:54 AM
In case anyone is wondering, there is a tremendous advantage to using the audio connection on the dock compared to the headphone jack. This is true for all iPods and iPhones. The dock's audio out is at line level, which is much stronger than the headphone's level. To get decent levels out of the headphone jack, you need to increase iPod volume quite a bit, which can hurt sound quality. So try to use the dock's audio out whenever possible.
Now since the device I am using has RCA inputs, can I just buy a cable that has an Ipod connector on one end and RCA on the other?
Old 06-29-2008, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by CU Nick,Jun 29 2008, 10:16 AM
Now since the device I am using has RCA inputs, can I just buy a cable that has an Ipod connector on one end and RCA on the other?
You could, but it probably won't work with your iPhone. Will be fine with an iPod though.
Old 06-30-2008, 04:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have one. It works great if you find the PERFECT station. If you're a couple of Mhz off, you'll have some buzzing through the speakers. Also, the volume on the IPod doesn't affect the iTrip volume, which means the output will be quiet unless you crank the S2K's volume up high.
Old 07-02-2008, 06:11 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Hi Everyone,

I have a 2007 NFR S2000 and would like to be able to hook up my Ipod Touch to my existing Honda radio.
The dealer has a Ipod interface but it is quite expensive.

Are the ones from PEI and Dice and Blitzsafe basically the same as the Honda OEM one ?
Which one is best ?
How difficult is it to remove the Honda OEM radio ?
Thank you
Paul
Old 07-02-2008, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by blitz16v,Jun 28 2008, 02:45 PM
How bad could the quality be from the FM transmitter, I mainly want this so I can get alot of songs in my car, as well as I want an IPOD it would be more useful for me rather than spending money on a better headunit/ipod interface/ etc.
in the beginning i bought an FM transmitter for my itouch but the quality was the worst ever! lol if you are passing from somewhere where the signal in wick then its getting even worst...thats why i bought a new stereo that has AUX input and ipod usb...i think thats the best way to do it
Old 07-03-2008, 02:41 AM

My BlitzSafe product should come in the mail today. I'll make a little DIY about it over the weekend. Maybe I can get my S2Ki Audio Badge.....Stay tuned!
Old 07-03-2008, 05:28 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Phill_69,Jul 2 2008, 06:11 PM
How difficult is it to remove the Honda OEM radio ?
Pretty easy. On the AP2 you have to lift out the center console cover and then you can pull on the radio door. There's a writeup somewhere on here if you want more specific details. I think the thread has something to do with an iPod install.

Quick Reply: Ipod wireless adapter. Griffin iTrip (Black)