S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

jvc kd-avx2 question

Old 07-24-2006, 08:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jvc kd-avx2 question

I just ordered this radio and I'm putting it in this weekend. I want to know any tricks/tips for the install. A couple months ago I did a search and got a lot of useful photos and tips on the install, but now when I search it say's nothing found. I remember seeing that a couple people said you have to "cut out the top bar that goes across the top of the faceplate", I needed info like that in order to do a clean install and good fitment. So if anyone can give info or help me with the search it would be greatly appreciated. please post or pm- thanks, Sean
Old 07-24-2006, 12:09 PM

check this out:
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showt...0&#entry7379627
Old 07-24-2006, 12:20 PM

thanks bro, I was able to find it under th search after I tried again, found most of the info I was looking for.
Old 07-25-2006, 07:42 AM

does anyone have a picture of the "top bar" that needs to be cut out in order to fit? I've seen a couple of posts where people said this must be done in order to make this radio (jvc kd-avx2) fit. I just want to know what it looks like so I don't cut out something I shouldn't have.
Old 07-25-2006, 07:59 AM

I PM'd ya back put I'll put it here to help any one else looking.

If you take the radio door plate off and look at the stock radio you'll see it's got plastic all the way around.

Running across the top of the radio is a thin "bar", all it seems to do is connect the left and right sides together. It might be some sort of support bar but I suspect it's cosmetic and used to fill a gap that can only be seen from certain directions.

Once you pull the stock radio out you'll be able to get a good look at it. I snipped it even with the edges of the existing hole, so instead of being square shaped, the area was "U" shaped (for lack of a better description).

Once this is removed it allows for ease of vertical movement and tilt movement while mounting the radio.

Hope this helps!
Old 07-25-2006, 01:07 PM

Thumbs down

I wasn
Old 07-26-2006, 07:10 AM

thanks alot, the info you gave will definately be helpful/useful for the install. I'll let you know how it comes out.
Old 07-26-2006, 07:15 AM

Also, this radio/dvd doesn't have that e-brake function that doesn't let you watch while driving, does it?
Old 07-26-2006, 07:31 AM

it does. but very easy to bypass.

all you gotta do is tap the ebrake wire to the ground(black wire). This can be done when your doing up your harness; you do not need to use any grounding pt. on the car.
Old 07-26-2006, 07:41 AM

Actually, all you need to do is find a ground screw (any bronze colored screw/bolt should work) and hook the wire to it (I'd suggest using an eyelette/ring connector).

I did it this way simply to keep the circuits seperate. Just the installer in me.

Mine is set up similar to option 1 listed above. Mine will hit the radio door. Though the unit has an override on it and resets itself to position 1 if it can't open up. So there's no harm.

I've found setting it this way, with the tilt on 3, works best for me. it allows me to leave my hand on the shift lever (in 1st, 3rd and 5th) and control the unit with just one finger. Though, with the AVX2 it would be a bit different as the controls aren't right next to one another.

Quick Reply: jvc kd-avx2 question