S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

LED parking lights

Old 02-02-2018, 12:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LED parking lights

I've searched but didn't come up with much. I want to use my parking lights during the day, kind of as DRL and so my tail lights are on also. I want to replace the 194 parking light amber bulbs up front with 921 white LED bulbs, but they are 1/4 inch taller. Anyone know if these will fit in the same location?

I'm looking at these in particular.

TIA!
Old 02-02-2018, 03:58 AM

Received 1,132 Likes on 995 Posts

I think they'd look wonderful on the front of the car but I doubt these put out enough light to call them DRLs. If these fit I'd personally consider them for cosmetic purposes. Anyone know?

Placing multiple LEDs in the dummy air intake area of the bumpers is effective and looks OEM. I've seen them on a couple on the road. Many guys seem to have made their own and there are probably kits out there. I considered them for fog light but have not explored deeply.

-- Chuck
Old 02-02-2018, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by Chuck S
I think they'd look wonderful on the front of the car but I doubt these put out enough light to call them DRLs. If these fit I'd personally consider them for cosmetic purposes. Anyone know?

Placing multiple LEDs in the dummy air intake area of the bumpers is effective and looks OEM. I've seen them on a couple on the road. Many guys seem to have made their own and there are probably kits out there. I considered them for fog light but have not explored deeply.

-- Chuck
thanks for the info. Yeah might go with real DRL I the future, just wanted to try the stock ones first... but the question remains, do the longer 921 bulbs fit in the same socket?
Old 02-02-2018, 07:33 AM
Sponsor

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by jivenene
I've searched but didn't come up with much. I want to use my parking lights during the day, kind of as DRL and so my tail lights are on also. I want to replace the 194 parking light amber bulbs up front with 921 white LED bulbs, but they are 1/4 inch taller. Anyone know if these will fit in the same location?

I'm looking at these in particular.

TIA!
I've got a custom made LED just for this application, and will be much brighter than the LED you linked. That LED uses old style 5050 SMD LEDs, the same ones from the 2000s. These chips dim over time, and the newer chips that we've moved to in 2015, are brighter and last longer.

Most LED 921 bulbs are actually entirely way too big when compared to the stock bulb and may not fit 921 housings, much less the smaller 168 Parking Light housings in the S2000. Ours were made to conform to the size restrictions exactly, and do happen to fit the S2000 parking lights. These are actually made typically for Reverse Lights, so they're as bright as you'll get without melting the housing or custom work.

This video and LED style is old, and is dimmer than the one I carry now, but it'll give you an idea of how bright they'll be.

You can check them out here:
Supernova Parking Light LEDs - White - $29.99 : JS2K.com!

AP1 and AP2 Clear Headlight Diffusers!!! - Clear out your S2000 headlights!
LED Conversions for all S2000 lights
Keyhole Covers - Get the Shaved look
Oil Drain Valve - Easiest Oil Change ever!
_________
For LEDs for your other cars, head to our new website: SupernovaLEDs.com. Same great quality, easy-to-use website. Pick your car, we'll show you what fits.
The following users liked this post:
jivenene (02-02-2018)
Old 02-02-2018, 07:57 AM
Sponsor

-- Chuck
I carry a LED module in a metal housing that's low profile and are perfect for DRLs. They look good when mounted on the inside of the bumper grill.

Supernova DRL Addon Module - $99.99 : JS2K.com!

_________
For LEDs for your other cars, head to our new website: SupernovaLEDs.com. Same great quality, easy-to-use website. Pick your car, we'll show you what fits.
Old 02-02-2018, 09:40 AM

thanks @js2k, just what I was looking for! I'll check out the rest of your page as well, neat stuff.
Old 02-06-2018, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by jivenene
thanks @js2k, just what I was looking for! I'll check out the rest of your page as well, neat stuff.

Just put in an order for my s2k and my xB, very exited to upgrade my rides. Joey from supernovaleds.com was super helpful! It was nice to shop at one site (actually 2 sites, i used js2k.com which is his s2000 specific site i believe) and get everything I needed, and he has done the research and separated the good quality from the cheap crap that litters ebay and amazon... something I don't have the time and will to do. Aint nobody got time fo that! And he offers a 2 year warranty!

Anyway, I will eventually do a follow up when I install said LEDs.
Old 02-07-2018, 05:11 AM

Received 1,132 Likes on 995 Posts

Price is per pair? each?

-- Chuck
Old 02-07-2018, 06:42 AM
Sponsor

Price is per pair? each?

-- Chuck
On my JS2k.com website, all products are priced per application (because I know exactly what fits and how many are needed).
On my SupernovaLEDs.com website, LED bulbs are priced individually, except for headlights which come in a pair. (No way to figure out how many fit each application for all 800,000 fitment records for all cars)

The Supernova Parking Lights for the S2000 are $29.99 a set of two. Supernova Parking Light LEDs - White - $29.99 : JS2K.com!

_________
Old 04-22-2018, 12:34 AM

Update for my LEDs!

Super happy with the bulbs and customer service from JS2K.com! The parking lights up front are nice and bright, perfect cuz I like driving with them on in the day for the extra visibility, and also I like the way the tail lights look when on during the day. Might add some real DRL in the future, but these do the trick for now.

Also super happy with the turn signals, reverse lights and dome light, all look fantastic. Especially the reverse lights, sooo much better when reversing at night, you can actually see!
I have an 1st gen xB and Joey hooked me up for that too, LEDs all around, and head lights too, which I highly recommend, such an improvement !
Anyway, i would highly recommend his products, he's done the research and the prices are very competative with everyone else. Unless you want to buy some random ebay stuff, by I didn't feel like dealing with inconsistent performance from different vendors so I got it all from JS2K.com and his other website, couldn't be happier!

Quick Reply: LED parking lights