S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

Modifry DCI with S on it

Old 07-15-2005, 07:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Modifry DCI with S on it

I just recieved my Modifry unit for my pioneer HU and it had a big S on the packing, and then another S on the harness. I am not sure what this means since the kit does not come with any printed instructions. Does this mean that I received a Sony unit or that the individual who packed it's last name started with an S. I am hoping for the later explanation.. Any help would be appreciated. I have already waited a week and a half to get this and do not want to wait another 2 weeks to get the correct item.

Chirag
Old 07-15-2005, 08:11 PM

maybe its for an S2000? I know they are made for other cars as well.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:27 PM

Which Pioneer head unit do you have? Does it have the mini-jack on the back for a wired remote control? Did you order the wired DCI or the IR one? If you got the wired one and have a Pio HU with the wired remote jack, then the "S" probably stands for Sony and is the right DCI - the Sony and Pio wired remote interfaces seem to be the same..

Dennis
Old 07-16-2005, 06:51 AM

I have the Pioneer DEH p80MP. Not sure if it has the wired jack or not. I will have to look. I know that I specifically asked for a Pioneer unit. I will have to call them and see what they tell me.

Chirag
Old 07-16-2005, 07:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i'd be willing to bet that the S isn't for the first name of whomever packaged it...

Bob (modifry) makes those at his house and packages them himself (as best i know).
Old 07-16-2005, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by cpatel529,Jul 16 2005, 08:51 AM
I have the Pioneer DEH p80MP. Not sure if it has the wired jack or not. I will have to look. I know that I specifically asked for a Pioneer unit. I will have to call them and see what they tell me.

Chirag
That has a wired remote jack on it. Just look at the DUCI they sent you - does it have an IR emitter or a mini plug? It is has the mini plug you should find a jack on the back of your head unit that matches - and you are good to go.

Dennis
Old 07-16-2005, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by DWynne,Jul 16 2005, 08:50 AM
That has a wired remote jack on it. Just look at the DUCI they sent you - does it have an IR emitter or a mini plug? It is has the mini plug you should find a jack on the back of your head unit that matches - and you are good to go.

Dennis
My HU has the wired remote input. However, the wiring that i received to connect the DCI has a IR emitter no plug. What is MOdifry's s2ki name? I will try and send him a PM to see if I can get the plug version instead.

Chirag
Old 07-16-2005, 10:33 AM

modifry = modifry

The one you have should work, just set the switches to the Pioneer setting and you should be good to go. Down the road if you get a different brand HU you can just change the switches and use the same DCI.

The only downside is you have to position the IR emitter so the HU can "see" it.

Dennis
Old 07-18-2005, 11:32 AM

I tried to PM modifry, however, it keeps saying that this is an unavailable user. Does anyone know any other way to contact him through email or something?

Chirag
Old 07-18-2005, 12:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah, you cannot PM modifry. he's disabled his PMs.

you'll need to email him. his contact info is listed here: http://www.modifry.com/

Quick Reply: Modifry DCI with S on it