S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

My In Depth Full Install ****(FINISHED)****

Old 06-26-2007, 07:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

getting all new stuff
removed pac box, removed monster wires, soon to remove previous speaker wires.
installing 2 new amps, 1 for sub, 1 for components

yes that did help stoffius . thanks

oth- havent tried my radio since removal of amp. new speakers.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:59 PM

man...you didnt have to quote me for that...thats a long quote

i wrote above that i got it from tweeter. contact s4play to get a box similar.
Old 06-28-2007, 02:06 PM

-------------------------------------------------------------------
TWEETER INSTALL
idea from this thread:
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showt...tweeter+install

Having an 00, there is no area available to place tweeter. After checking some topics, i decided this would be the easiest, and cleanest looking for my tastes.
First.
Mark off area with a highlighter. and estimate the middle. crosshair it

Slice crosshair with an exacto blade, then drill a hole straight through to the back.

estimate size of tweeter on back, and dremmel a cut out.

use a screwdriver to pry the plastic out but leave as much material as possible

begin making small cuts(I made mine like a Pizza) that get a "little" bit larger each time. Try and fit the tweeter mount in with each increase. If you cut too far, you are screwed. So go slow.

Finally, jam that mount in. I used a swivel mount and aimed it diagonally up facing me(may change this depending on sound, but thought this would be best for imaging)

Attach the tweeter, and bolt down from other side.

Lastly, apply the tweeter-mount nut. The infinity kappa perfects came with one...you may have to rig up some stability system. But this large nut screws on the back of the tweeter mount and holds the entire thing in place.

Repeat on other door.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
INSTALL
Thanks Darknight, s4play, and anyone else im forgetting
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=248785

First thing
Run the power wire. I went from inside out. it seemed easier than tryin to work my hand down between all the hoses. Push it through from inside, then pull slowly out from other side. Pull enough to reach battery and have some slack.

Next run the other side out through the driver side rear panel. Leave slack so you can put it under the carpet and what not.

Once in the trunk, run it to the distribution block. The distribution block will allow the "distribution" or power to other areas...like amps.

ATTACH THE FUSE
Cut the power wire near battery. Find a mounting place for the fuse...this is a good place. One side of the wire in one end, other side of wire attaches to other end. The left end goes to the battery, the right end goes through the grommet and ends at the distribution block.

MORE LATER..............
Old 07-02-2007, 01:23 PM

I AM FINALLY DONE...I WILL BE PUTTING THE FINAL PICTURES UP LATER TODAY OR TOMORROW
Old 07-02-2007, 02:17 PM

Thanks for all this info! I'm going to replace the speaker wire and door speakers this week and your postings are going to help a lot!
Thanks again!
Old 07-03-2007, 10:29 AM

Okay....

So a word to the wise: Before you think about running your new speaker wire through the door grommet and behind the panels and back into your trunk or wherever your amps are mounted.....KILL YOURSELF.
I would rather dip my scrotum in a vat of battery acid before I ever try to run the wire through the doors again. That grommet sucks. Get used to laying in a contortionist position with baby oil all over your body. I hope youre not claustrophobic.

With that being said, I really hope its easier for you than it was for me.

Okay, so to the pictures.
Running the wires:
From doors, through grommet, under panels to behindheadunit. Taped to floor and down passenger side through rear vent and then attached to the amp. RCAs, from headunit through rear panel, to amp.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Crossover time!
I thought this was pretty cool for a nice placement.

First I set the crossover about where it woudl go. I etched marks with a dremel where I was going to cut.

I then dremmeled out the inner plastic to make it one large hole rather than 2 spaces. I then dremmeled down areas where I etched, but only went about 3/4's the way down to the panel. I only did three sides and had the 4th just add pressure to hold the crossover in place. Observe, it works great. Before attaching to the door, I did two strips of duct tape just to make sure it would stay in place, but probably could have gone without it.

Connecting it up. The wires that were run through the door panels hook up to the crossover. From the crossover, one output goes to the door speaker, and one output goes to the tweeter. Speakers are done

*****For kappa perfects with 3/4 inch spacers, the spacers and/or speakers were getting in the way of th door panel snapping in all the way around. Fix- I cut out the speaker basket on the door panel side. This cleared another 2 inches or so, and it all fits now****

-----------------------------------------------------------
Connecting up the amps

Speaker wires sort of tidy.

Connect to amp

For sub amp, cut two small holes in panel. One for power and remote wire and ground. Other for RCAs ans speaker wire. Connect to amp.

Pull from other side so wires are organized from outside.

Mount the amp rack.

Return all the panels

Youre done!
---------------------------------------------------------------
Pic of the Headunit if anyone was wondering

-------------------------------------------------------------
Shots of exterior of car for fun

Final words:
This was way harder than I thought it would be and very frustrating. If you can afford to pay someone, I would say that is the way to go. If you are looking for a hobby, its okay, but I dont look forward to doing this again soon. The original jl 300/2 amp I was going to use for speakers was blown, so i will be getting a new one soon and have to pull down the alpine amp to get to the gas tank area again. This will not be much fun.
Overall, I believe I achieved what I wanted though and I wouldnt install any other way. As you can see I still have almost all of my trunk and everythign inside the car cannot be seen. If you want a stealth/space-saving install, this is the way to go.
How does it sound...
Sounds good, but I believe I will get what I had hoped for once my new amp comes in. This small alpine amp used for the speakers right now simply is not strong enough for the kappa perfect. The sub box is probably a bit small for a w6, but it sounds fine. I dont need it rattling my whole car anyways. If you have any questions feel free to ask. Thanks

I couldnt have done it without all the helpful people on this forum. Thankyou to everyone.
Old 07-04-2007, 05:16 PM

nice article

rob v
Old 07-05-2007, 06:12 PM

thanks for info!
Old 07-06-2007, 01:08 PM

no prob

so, two days after i finish the install....BLOW OUT...back left tire completely destroyed. Man am I glad I had that spare tire still in there. Fix a flat doesnt fix that. And I would have been stranded.
Old 07-07-2007, 09:39 PM

great effort doing a comprehensive picture tutorial.

i should remount my amp. it looks very ghetto sitting in the tool well!

Quick Reply: My In Depth Full Install ****(FINISHED)****