S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

for MY04 & iPod PIE HON03PCSON from Logjam has interference? suggestions?

Old 04-11-2004, 10:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here are two google web links:

Alpine 1

Alpine 2

It's not out yet. It requires Ai net from Alpine. All Alpine o4 models are compatible. All older model Alpines with Ai net are compatible. I cannot wait for this technology, as CDS take up too much room and slow me down with all that extra weight.

j/k but he ipod does weigh less than a changer and holds WAAAAAAAYYYY more music.
Old 04-12-2004, 08:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Nate03
Went out and tried the iPod without the charger - yes the sound is much cleaner - do you think the ground loop isolater will eliminate the interference
Old 04-13-2004, 07:31 AM

i just got the itrip today. I'm going to the Dragon and there was no way I was going to drag pounds of CDs up with me. (The itrip is the Griffen FM transmistter.)

Daddy likes.

For a stock system: It works great! You just cannot turn the volume up on the ipod very high. Leave it right around halfway. As long as there is a station available, it's great. It uses digital tuning and you can select any unused station on the FM band. SO, i can use it in any rental car and all stereos with an FM Tuner. So the car/ stereo switch is sleazy easy.

SQ definitly wouldn't hold up to a cd player with a proper DAC. But, it's as good as the stock system will sound.

So until Alpine gets off thier ass, i be itrippin'!
Old 04-15-2004, 01:37 PM

[QUOTE]
Old 04-16-2004, 09:34 PM

im ver curious about that too

will the sound b clearere using aux-in than a headphone jack like on JVC HU's?
Old 04-17-2004, 02:52 AM

What kind of cables are you using? When I got my adapter installed at a shop, I first bought a pair of Monster RCA to mini cables. They were available from the Apple Store, and I think it was called the iCable (in the rear of the store where the accessories are). You can also go to CompUSA or Fry's Electronics. Even if you hear no difference in sound, you should get this cable because:

a) it will last much longer,

b) it's got gold-plated conncetors, which means it will never oxidize,

c) you can rest assured that this cable WON'T be the source of the problem, and

d) they look awesome.

I can turn the volume up on my 'pod to 100%, and the volume on the stock HU all the way up to 40, and I still get NO sound degredation (except for the rattling from the crummy stock speakers). This is with a 1st generation iPod (mechanical scroll wheel/buttons).

If you still have problems after installing the new cable, PM me.

jshmoe
Old 04-18-2004, 07:09 AM
Former Moderator

I have one for a car powered XM unit and a battery powered MP3 player - had to install a switch on the ground wire coming from the PIE unit.

Not sure if the HON03 unit works the same (has a ground wire) as the standard HON-AUX unit I put in my Pilot

From the web:

IMPORTANT TECH NOTICE: A ground wire is now included with the HON-AUX and should be connected to chassis ground when connecting a portable device powered by its own battery source. This is only to be used when connecting a portable powered device to the RCA inputs. Connecting the ground wire when installing a vehicle powered device, that is a portable device that draws its power from the vehicle in some way, like the cigarette lighter, will cause engine noise.

If you will be using both portable- and vehicle-powered devices, then you can connect the ground wire through a single-pole/double-throw switch, allowing you to switch back and forth between grounded and ungrounded conditions. Below are a few examples of the type of switch you could use. Typical connection would be pin #1 - no connection, pin #2 - chassis ground, pin #3 - ground wire from HON-AUX.

A switch is only required in certain installations. Basically ANY switch will work, and switches are so varied in size and cosmetic appearance that you should choose one that will match your vehicle interior closely. Therefore, we do not offer any switch for sale.
Old 04-19-2004, 10:28 AM

I was DEFINTELY itrippin.'

After further analysis it has come to my attention that FM modulators SUCK RUSTED PIG SCROTOMS. When it has full power (about 1/2 hour) it sounds, at best, OK on a dead station. But try to keep a dead station and a fully powered ipod from Florida to Tenn. Not gonna happen. It's probably worth $30 in a pinch, but honestly the static intereference and the fact that it sounded like a bad facsimilie shoved through a toliet paper roll was enough to 'cause my WIFE to say, "just turn the damn thing off, I can't stand the way it sounds." And my wife's ears are probably just bronze on a good day.

So, yeah I'll keep the itrip for romantic interludes at cheap motels. (It'll work through a clock radio.) But as far as quality sound through a proper system,

NOPE> so sorry daddy.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Willie Gee
i just got the itrip today.
Old 04-19-2004, 01:29 PM

Old 04-19-2004, 04:33 PM

Quick Reply: for MY04 & iPod PIE HON03PCSON from Logjam has interference? suggestions?