S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

NEED Help! JVC kd-avx2

Old 04-24-2006, 08:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED Help! JVC kd-avx2

Alright now.... let me explain what i did before anybody start thinking anything bad about the JVC kd-avx2... In Florida they got some gay law where you cant have video playing in the front or whatever... so basically i figured out what wire they had connected to my hand brake...its a light green on for all those who have the JVC... So i all i know is when i had the car on i just started playing with it and found out that if i touched the wire with other pieces of metal near the hand brake it would play video constantly no matter what if the hand brake was up or down.. so i had rigged it to jam in between a pin in the hand brake for temp. because i didn't have the tools to loosen up the hand brake nuttz where i intend on eventually putting it.... now what i did was grounding the wire but now the video on the jvc wont play at all, even if i put it back on the hand brake wire where it was installed at first........ any body know what i should do? i still got the warranty and everything but hopefully i didn't mess it up or did i?
Old 04-26-2006, 07:22 AM

Okay, I'll try this again. Wrote up a response yesterday but it got lost in the server issues.

Most states have the law you're talking about. Thus the green wire is added in. While it is bypassable, it usually keeps the companies who make the radio from getting sued.

When you jammed the ground wire into the parking brake area, there is a chance it was sitting in there loose. So, while moving around, it could have caused a short condition.

Take the radio door plate off and you'll see some gold color screws. Re-route the green wire up there (or find any other gold color screw) and, after putting one of the ciruclar shaped connecters onto the wire, attatch the wire to this screw.

The wire is just looking for ground, so it doesn't have to be the hand brake.

Make sure the unit is off while you do all of this.

Power the unit up again, see if it works now. If it doesn't, then reset the unit (small button under the faceplate). It should work now.

If it still won't display, you may have caused some internal damage. I doubt it and it probably just needs a good ground (most all of the gold colored screws in the car are good grounds).

Good luck!
Old 04-26-2006, 09:46 AM

i have the 1st version of this unit. i installed mine and my video kept going off while i was driving. so i just grounded out that wire...i think it was a black wire. anyways after that my video stays on when the car is on. hope you get it working.
Old 04-26-2006, 11:31 AM

Sounds like a ground issue to me.
Old 04-26-2006, 08:36 PM

Thanks guys...

I finally got a power drill... unscrewed up one of the bolts on the hand brake and place the wire under there... its still didn't work but then i just got ya'lls post about reseting the unit and did it...

AND ITS BACK WORKING..... definitely appreciate the help.... cuz the cd player would've sucked without the videos... THANKS ALOT EVERYBODY
Old 04-28-2006, 02:44 PM

hey SB2K, do you mind posting some pictures of your unit installed?

also, can you close the radio door properly without removing the faceplate?

please let me know, I'm deciding on this unit and the 9857

thanx!!!!