S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

New set up Installed and all

Old 01-05-2011, 11:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New set up Installed and all

Here is the new head unit i bought called the Kenwood KVT-514:

Sub and Amp:

Just the amp:

Just the sub:

I also had them install blue LED lights in my footwells because i've always wanted some. Will get pics of that tomorrow night.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:36 AM

in your pics: black is ground. red is fused and goes to your battery. small wire is for the remote turn on of the amp.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:50 AM

so i have everything i need to install it all?
Old 01-05-2011, 03:25 PM

In addition to what was mentioned, when you install the wires, make sure the RCA cables/speaker wires are routed separately from the factory electrical wiring - located in the driver-side door sill area. If routed together, it can be a cause of electrical noise.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:39 PM

I think i might just let best buy do it. I don't want to mess something up that will cost me more in the long run. They want 70 to install the amp and sub and 50 for the head unit. Are these fair prices?

Also do i have everything i need to install it all?
Old 01-06-2011, 09:06 AM

Okay so i just went to this place called Status and they will install everything and take everything else out for $250. I really want to save that money, but want the install done right
Old 01-06-2011, 09:12 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah if you don't know what the ground, power, and remote wires are, I would let them install it . To me installing a sub/amp and speakers are no problem, you just have to do a little research and try it. You should have a decent sounding system once thats all in through.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:46 AM

Yeah i was gonna have my friend do it who has installed many subs in cars, but i really want it done right. The guy i talked to had a boosted ap1 with tons of mods and he said that it's such a hard car to work on with wiring because of how small it is.
Old 01-06-2011, 02:39 PM

I thought this one one of the easier cars ive installed stereo systems in. Its pretty straight forward actually. Maybe there is a DIY you can find, it doesnt have to be s2000 specific, just anyone that will guide you on where everything is plugged into.
I found that the hardest part was getting the power wire through the firewall inbetween the engine bay and interior of the car. My AP1 I found was alot easier to install everything than my AP2. Since it takes about 3 seconds to take off the AP1 radio door and about the same time to take off the plastic "plate" by the passengers knees. Routing the wires is fairly easy. The door sills just pop out of place and you route the wires through there and behind the seat through the plastic plate (once removed) right to the spare tire compartment where you will use a bolt from the strut bar to ground your wires. As long as you run all your wires at once (im dumb and forgot to run the remote turn on for my amps) you can route it all at once. Just dont connect the power wire onto the battery terminal until your completeley finished.
Old 01-06-2011, 04:23 PM

if you willing to come to tampa - i remove and install your amp & box for $150

Quick Reply: New set up Installed and all