S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

New set up Installed and all

Old 01-06-2011, 09:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i mean i can go to best buy to install and amp and sub for $70? I am gonna see if i can find some place cheaper.
Old 01-07-2011, 01:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ///KM,Jan 5 2011, 05:25 PM
In addition to what was mentioned, when you install the wires, make sure the RCA cables/speaker wires are routed separately from the factory electrical wiring - located in the driver-side door sill area. If routed together, it can be a cause of electrical noise.
more info on this? what is the noise?

right now all my wires are running under the passenger side door and to the back panel that connects to the trunk behind the seat

should i route the rca and speaker cables under the driver side instead?
Old 01-07-2011, 05:58 AM

i thought you needed amp/sub box , radio, and to remove some other equiptment
Old 01-07-2011, 08:51 AM

Oh yeah thats what i meant i just misunderstood what you were offering. I will let you know but i am going to post up in my local forum first.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by SIchodelic,Jan 7 2011, 02:41 AM
more info on this? what is the noise?

right now all my wires are running under the passenger side door and to the back panel that connects to the trunk behind the seat

should i route the rca and speaker cables under the driver side instead?
If you have the RCA's/speaker wires routed under the passenger side door, you're golden, since there's no factory electrical wires that run through there. The driver side is where all the electricals are, and can cause noise/interference.

As for what the noise sounds like, it sounds like a whining/whirring noise when you turn on your audio.

My previous audio installer ran them through my driver side and I had to clean up his mickey mouse job.
Old 01-08-2011, 03:16 AM

Originally Posted by ///KM,Jan 7 2011, 11:05 AM
If you have the RCA's/speaker wires routed under the passenger side door, you're golden, since there's no factory electrical wires that run through there. The driver side is where all the electricals are, and can cause noise/interference.

As for what the noise sounds like, it sounds like a whining/whirring noise when you turn on your audio.

My previous audio installer ran them through my driver side and I had to clean up his mickey mouse job.
I see what you're saying

How should I run my driver side component speakers to the trunk? Under the dash, through the back of the radio console, then behind the passenger side seat?

What about my battery power cable? My battery cable is running through the firewall and under my passenger side seat as well

sorry for the noob question. I had no idea about this phenomenon until someone told me that they could hear it
Old 01-08-2011, 08:28 AM

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

you dont have to worry about the speaker wires, just as long as you dont run the RCA cable parallel to the power cable.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:39 PM

bump for new question.

I think i am going to install the head unit myself and save some money cause i feel like that is a fairly easy job. I am buying a used kenwood kvt 514, as said earlier, and i already have an after market head unit in my car. Will i have to buy anything else in order to install it, it was on a mercedes before?
Old 01-10-2011, 11:38 AM

please help with question above^^^^

I am going to use this as a guide during the install:
http://www.s2000.org/mods/radio/
Old 01-10-2011, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by BumbleBee01,Jan 8 2011, 10:39 PM
bump for new question.

I think i am going to install the head unit myself and save some money cause i feel like that is a fairly easy job. I am buying a used kenwood kvt 514, as said earlier, and i already have an after market head unit in my car. Will i have to buy anything else in order to install it, it was on a mercedes before?
it depends on the brand of your HU in your car right now. If it's a Kenwood, then it will already come with the harness to connect to the OEM harness. If not, then you will need to buy a Kenwood harness made for Hondas

Quick Reply: New set up Installed and all