S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

OEM Alarm problem

Old 03-12-2011, 12:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OEM Alarm problem

When I bought my car, it came with aftermaret alarm which was not installed correctly and drains my battery dead every few days. I had dealership take it out and rewired everything back to normal. When they were done, they told me they were having problems to sync my remote to the security system and would cost additional time to diagnose. I went home like that and later bought a new OEM alarm for my 2000 year model. It turns out my car already have that alarm in the car underneath the seat. So all I need to do is sync the old remote to the car. But how do you do that? Dealership want over 300 something to install the new OEM alarm, and I'm thinking since I already have one in the car, I just need to find ways to sync it with my old remote that looks just like the new remote transmitter from the new OEM alarm package I just purchased. Any ideas?
Old 03-13-2011, 07:04 PM

So I decided to replace the old stuff with the new system I bought. I followed every single steps to the letter, and when everything is done, I still can't sync the remote and I have no idea if the system even have any power... what a waste of time and money...
Old 03-14-2011, 10:45 AM

Problem update.

Turns out one of my fuse for the keyless door lock control unit is out. I grabbed another 15amp fuse and one of the remote start doing things.

But then the next problem came.

During programing I noticed at the end of the procedure only my right door lock cycle, and it continues to cycle none stop. My left door makes no sound at all and does not cycle the lock. After the programming, the right door continues to cycle as if out of control unless I manually lock my left door. At which point everything stops and never works again. I pull the fuse out and it's blown. I tried the 20amp fuse, and it does the same thing just that the fuse is ok. There was this one time I had one of the remote programmed and when I press lock the horn sounds and stuff, but right door continues to cycle to unlock. I did notice however that my dome light was on once the program ends indicating that one of the door is open, since the right door cycles I'm guessing my left door has problem recognizing itself as being closed. Any idea what I should do next?
Old 03-14-2011, 02:42 PM

More update.

I took off my driver side door panel to see if any of the connection to the lock, latch or anything is unplug for any reason, but nothing out of the ordinary.

I put in a 20amp fuse where I'm supposed to have a 15amp, and everything still like before. I now have operation on my trunk release just fine from the button inside the car, and it works on the remote also. However remote will not lock any door. When I press the lock button on the remote, the right sidedoor makes a sound but does not lock. The left side makes no sound and doesn't move at all. If I sit in the car manually lock the right side door, and then press unlock it actually unlocks, but doesn't lock when I press lock. The left side seems to be completely out of the loop.

So I sat in the car and manually locked both doors then press the lock on remote, the security system seems to arm itself and the red led start flashing. If I unlock my driver door manually and then open it the horn sounds as the alarm goes off.

I locked everything back up from the inside and then I press unlock and the right door unlocks, but the left doesn't do jack, but if I manually unlock left door, the right door's latch will start to sound as if someone just unlocked it with a remote, but it will continuously make that sound (and also a clicking sound from behind the dash, I'm thinking it's the keyless controll unit) until I close my left door and lock it manually. This operation wouldn't stop unless I pull the fuse or manually lock the left door.

I checked every connector on the security system and all are connected. I have no clue what to do next...
Old 03-17-2011, 03:46 PM

actuator went out probably