S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

OEM navigation conversion (all the info)

Old 12-03-2006, 01:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default OEM navigation conversion (all the info)

I decided to put on OEM Honda navi into the S. The reason why I didnt go with any old double din is because I like a factory look and who the heck is going to go through all this trouble to do so. That and I have connections at Acura and I work at a custom audio shop so Im sure we can figure everything out. Its going to be an on going process, hopefully done by eary Jan.

My goal is to get all the parts I need, have my tech friend tag off all the pins/wires and bench test it. The guys at my work will extend all wires and install everything.

First thing, any Honda/Acura nav screen from an 99-03 Pilot, MDX, Odyssey, TL, or CL will do. I bought a Acura and Honda screen used. I have 2 to find the one in best condition. Most will prefer Honda ones because it say Honda on the bottom of the bezel. The JDM screen will work also, but the buttons have Japanes on them.

The next main part is the nav dvd drive. Same as above, all will work, but note that the 99 TL uses a hard drive system that is harder to upgrade while everything else uses a Nav dvd. As of now there are multiple disks that will work. Of course the Hondas will load up Honda and Acura, Acura on the initial on screen. Not a big deal since the TL guys from Acurazine have a nav hack for this to load any pic you want on the initial load screen. The disk versions start from 1.09 made in 2000 all the way up to 2.40, this year. Here is a link to where buy them:
https://store.alpine-usa.com/Hondadv.../naviorder.php
I bought this one which was in a 00 Odyssey:

Next step was to get all the harnesses, which was the hardest part. If you get lucky, you can buy a setup off Ebay with pigtail harnesses included. You dont need the whole thing, just the connectors. Doesnt matter if the wires are cut.
Of coarse I didnt get any harnesses, antennas, or nav discs with my setup.
I tried all the common places for the parst with no luck. Honda can give damn what harnesses I needed and there diagram was horrible plus the harnesses where an outrageous price. Alpine support doesnt do OEM parts. My local junk yards didnt have any Navi Odysseys laying around. Internet searches where useless. Odyclub tried to tell me the harness was installed at the factory.
With the help of my tech friend, I figured out that the navi screen uses a 20 pin harness that I got from this place.
http://www.tvandnav2go.com/index.html
They are the ones who do nav to dvd conversions, which I got also at the same time.
Appearntly, the 20 pin harness I need is the same one that the 04 up TL uses in its DVD drive section. The Nav conversion place happens to have the wires seperate so I bought a conversion unit, 20 pin harness, and 12 pin harness. The 12 pin is what this dvd unit takes on the dvd drive.

I also found out later that the 20 pin is possibly just a normal Honda radio harness. I havent tested that theory out yet. If its true, that would be a $10 part compared to the $50 harness I payed for.

Nav screen rear shot. Blue 20 pin and white 5 pin. 5 pin is found on screens with a climate control button. It will not need to be used, unless my guys can figure out a way to turn that digital signal into manual controls. That would be a whole other project within itself.

The dvd drive harness I got from Honda. I finally figured out which harness on this diagram it is. Part #32106-S0X-A01
http://www.bkhondaparts.com/billkay/jsp/pr...witch=&hidIrno=
Iten # 26 is the dvd harnesses, there are 2 plugs.
*Note I believe that part #'s 4 and 8 make up the harness that goes behind the screen, but I am not certain. As you see from the price, it would be a big finacial question mark to be wrong on it. To save money, go with the other harness link I mentioned.
The grey plug is for the GPS antenna which I also go through Honda.
Part # 39835-S0X-A02. Item 10 in the diagram.
http://www.bkhondaparts.com/billkay/jsp/pr...witch=&hidIrno=

DVD drive rear shot.

Ill eventaully post exactly what wire or pin does what and where to hook it up to.

Now comes the bezel. I bought a JDM nav bezel to test fit everything. The nav bezel angles slightly to the passenger side so its a bit awkward. Im going to have the guys at work build me a duplicate angled a bit towards the driver side. Its going to sit as flush as the JDM one does in a RHD car.

Not actual vehicle

*Update
After a few month delay, I finally got started again. Here is the intial cutting of the dash. A fiber glass mold of the dash was taken first. Air bag was pulled to make sure nothing important behind the dash gets cut. The hole will get widened more eventually to fit the bezel.

This is as far as I have got now. Ill keep this thread updated with any new info and pics.

The wiring info to come soon.

Thanks for looking.
If you have any more info that I havent added, let me know.
The following users liked this post:
Juice Steez (06-26-2022)
Old 12-03-2006, 01:41 AM

Good stuff. I commend you on trying to keep it oem when you could go the easier route with aftermarket equipment.
Old 12-03-2006, 05:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks great. Keep up the hard work.
Old 12-05-2006, 10:42 AM

subscribed....great work.
Old 02-23-2007, 01:07 PM
Community Organizer

The project is finish???

Luca..
Old 05-22-2007, 06:32 PM

Still not done, but bump for all the newbies asking questions.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:56 PM

cant wait to see it all...
Old 05-28-2007, 02:04 AM

Looks great. Good luck with your project.
Old 05-29-2007, 02:33 PM
Banned

You live near So Cal? When you done. can i pay you to do it for me? I do not want to mess up my car.
Old 05-31-2007, 12:13 AM

You know, the Swiss S2K comes with navigation as a factory option and it's left hand drive just like the US S2K. With your connections, it's probably easier for you to fabricate a new bezel yourself, but have you looked at sourcing some parts from Switzerland for that 100% OEM feel?

Quick Reply: OEM navigation conversion (all the info)