S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

Passenger window does not work from driver or passenger door

Old 08-26-2018, 05:19 PM
oth

Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts

I have only modest electrical knowledge, but I do have the Electrical Troubleshooting Manual which is very useful.
In the context of this manual, "C" just means connector. On the wiring diagram they list the
connector number, and then two further references - a photo of its location, and the map of
the connector cavities ("terminal view") showing which wire is in which location and its purpose.
If you separate the male & female side of the connector you should be able to easily test with
a multimeter. When you described the passenger window rolling up without any switches pressed,
it seems likely there is +12v on the "window up" wire, so I'd try to figure out if it is powered
when it came from the drivers's door (with no switches pressed it shouldn't be). If the blue/red (cavity 15
on an AP1) has power, then you need to figure out where it's getting it - remove the key or disconnect
the battery so nothing is powered, and use the multimeter in ohms mode to check continuity between the
blue/red and red/white - reading should be near infinity - there should be no connection between these
wires without the switch being pressed. But ultimately any wire that carries +12v could be shorted to
it, doesn't have to be a power window wire.
If I'm reading the wiring diagram correctly, the female side of the of the connector leads to the door,
and the male side leads to the convertible top module.
Old 08-26-2018, 05:41 PM
oth

Here's the passenger window motor connector terminal view, promised long ago but forgotten.
Old 08-27-2018, 01:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like the attachment never uploaded. Please re-upload
Old 08-27-2018, 02:03 PM
oth

That was strange, when I edited the post, the image was there, but when I previewed, it disappeared.
deleting the image and reuploading worked.
Old 08-27-2018, 03:06 PM

Weird still isn't showing up
Old 08-27-2018, 07:10 PM
oth

shows up when I view it, whether I'm logged in or not, on both Firefox and MS Edge browsers. Anybody else? this post
Old 08-28-2018, 06:03 AM

Default Window regulator

Testing message
Old 08-28-2018, 06:09 AM

Default Passenger Window regulator click noise every 5 secs

Originally Posted by Proto
Testing message
hello guys, im running the same issue, but mine is stuck down. I already tried the basics and even the hold bottom to reset the module and make it work,

i noticed that every 5 secs, a click noise comes from the panel(possible regulator). I also noticed that the regulator is really warm, like if its overheated from being used(possible fault signal coming from the driver side). Im still doing testing

i will be ordering a new window regulator but first I'm experimenting possibilities
Old 08-28-2018, 07:53 AM
oth

If you turn off the passenger "child safety" switch on the driver's side, does the clicking stop?
Old 08-28-2018, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by oth
If you turn off the passenger "child safety" switch on the driver's side, does the clicking stop?
Yes, it is like if my driver side is telling the passenger window to stay down and it overheats the regulator cylinder.
**Update**

my passanger side switch is responding to "up and down" commands and the car does act like the switch is absorbing power whenever is pressed but unfortunately the window regulator is not reaponding. Time for a new one i guess

Quick Reply: Passenger window does not work from driver or passenger door