S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

Passenger window does not work from driver or passenger door

Old 08-29-2018, 11:30 AM
oth

Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts

The child safety switch on the driver's door supplies +12v to both the up/down switch on the driver's door, and to
the switch on the passenger's door.
When you select up or down from either switch, +12v is sent on the appropriate up or down wire to the convertible
top controller, which in turn sends +12v on either the up wire or the down wire to the window motor.

Each of you seems to have a problem where a wire is powered all the time, though for one of you it's up and the other
it's down.

The possibilities are:
  • a bad switch in either door
  • a shorted wire between either switch and the convertible top controller
  • a shorted wire between the top controller and the window regulator (motor)
  • a bad top controller
A bad window regulator by itself seems like it can't be the problem as if it's not getting any power,
it can't raise or lower the window. Of course if it doesn't work at all it could have been killed by the
other problem, but replacing it won't solve the underlying problem.

My guess is that the problem lies in the wiring harness as it passes through a door, because opening
and closing the door stresses the wires to some degree.
Old 08-30-2018, 05:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have figured out how to eliminate the passenger window from always rolling up by buying a new passenger door wiring harness, however, my driver side switch still does not operate the passenger window? I bought a new wiring harness for the driver side as well to rule that out.. not sure if my new master window switch is faulty?? I can power the passenger window motor up and down from the driver side if I supply direct power to the wiring harness by hardwiring #4,12, and 13 together. Thoughts?? Need another new master switch? No clicking/electrical activation is heard when hitting passenger switch from driver side..
Old 08-30-2018, 06:18 PM

Tried to upload a video but wouldn't work. Took the master switch circuit apart and it is definitely faulty. Ordering a new one.. fingers crossed!
Old 09-04-2018, 03:56 PM

YAYYYY finally figured it all out!! Received the new master window switch and all is good! Thanks everyone for all the help!!!
Old 09-04-2018, 04:01 PM

Proto, I could sell you my driver side wiring harness to plug into your kick panel and see if the problem goes away? Otherwise, take apart your window switch and inspect the circuit board. Mine had a wire soldered and to another circuit for some stupid reason! You may need a new master window switch. I bought one off ebay for $45. Dont buy from B and R wrecking as they sold me a faulty switch already.