S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

Static noise in my tweeters when car is turned on.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Static noise in my tweeters when car is turned on.

Hi, I put my audio system together and now i just have a problem with static tweeters. It only comes on when i turn the ignition. Im not sure if i need to tap into my stereo HU ground but i bought the PnP modifry plug and saw that the ground was directly plugged into the harness.

Do I need to tap into the ground and ground it?

my amp is grounded in the trunk. I don't know if this is a good grounding location because of the paint...

anyone know another good grounding location in the trunk?

So far this is what I have purchase. Please let me know what I am missing to make this all work.

Head unit
Alpine iDA-x303

Component 2-way speakers
Alpine SPR-17C Alpine SPR-17C

Amplifier
Alpine MRp-F300 4 channel Alpine MRp-F300 4 channel

Amplifier wire installation kit
Boss KIT-2 Complete 8 Gauge Amplifier Installation Kit Boss KIT-2 Complete 8 Gauge Amplifier Installation Kit

DCI modifry
Alpine PnP harness

Alpine KCE-433iv Full speed cable Charge and Control iPod iP

Speaker spacer 6.5" 1/2 inch

Do I need to get a 4 channel RCA cable?

and do I need a battery terminal?
Old 05-02-2011, 11:05 PM

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

theyre not absolutely necessary but you would atleast need a ring connector to attach it to the battery.
Old 05-02-2011, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by Ragnarok043
theyre not absolutely necessary but you would need atleast and ring connector to attach it to the battery.

I think the boss amp wire kit comes with one I can't tell from the pictures, but here's the description of what's included in the kit.

Red power cable: 20 feet, 8 gauge
Black ground cable: 3 feet, 8 gauge
Turn-on wire: 16 feet, 18 gauge
Speaker wire: 30 feet
High performance RCA interconnect: 20 feet
Split loom tubing: 6 feet
Wire ties: Twenty 4-inch
Grommets: 3 rubber
Ring terminals: #10, 0.25-inch, 0.31-inch
Other: Competition high-quality fuse holder
Old 05-02-2011, 11:17 PM

yeah looks like its included
Old 05-03-2011, 06:30 AM

Just curious but do you need the Ipod cord or does the one in the box work? I am doing my install this weekend and did not buy that

Actually scratch that... I got the Alpine IDA-X305S receiver and according to crutchfield the USB port is the better way to go. Some of the older Alpine receivers don't have the USB which require that cable. Are you sure that is the best way to go for your receiver? I know nothing so don't go by me...
Old 05-03-2011, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by darkalley
Just curious but do you need the Ipod cord or does the one in the box work? I am doing my install this weekend and did not buy that

Actually scratch that... I got the Alpine IDA-X305S receiver and according to crutchfield the USB port is the better way to go. Some of the older Alpine receivers don't have the USB which require that cable. Are you sure that is the best way to go for your receiver? I know nothing so don't go by me...

ALPINE KCE-433iV is for direct connection that's a lot faster than connecting with the USB they give you. Also, give you a full control on your ipod.
Old 05-03-2011, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by niptek
Originally Posted by darkalley' timestamp='1304433016' post='20532598

ALPINE KCE-433iV is for direct connection that's a lot faster than connecting with the USB they give you. Also, give you a full control on your ipod.
I am no stereo expert by any means but according two different crutchfield customer service reps that cord uses the cd changer slot on the back of "older head units". I actually tried to buy it with both guys and the second guy informed me that Alpine was originally caught off guard with the ipod and developed that cable when the ipod first became hot and it allowed the iPod to work thru the cd changer port. Now the standard ipod connection is "usb to iPod" which supplies full control of the iPad or iPhone on newer head units. The cord will work fine but as they stated, it is no faster or cleaner than USB and the X305s and newer units were designed to go USB .
Old 05-05-2011, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by darkalley
Originally Posted by niptek' timestamp='1304451171' post='20533941
[quote name='darkalley' timestamp='1304433016' post='20532598']

I am no stereo expert by any means but according two different crutchfield customer service reps that cord uses the cd changer slot on the back of "older head units". I actually tried to buy it with both guys and the second guy informed me that Alpine was originally caught off guard with the ipod and developed that cable when the ipod first became hot and it allowed the iPod to work thru the cd changer port. Now the standard ipod connection is "usb to iPod" which supplies full control of the iPad or iPhone on newer head units. The cord will work fine but as they stated, it is no faster or cleaner than USB and the X305s and newer units were designed to go USB .

Damn, I'll just have to return mine.

Does anyone know if I can install my fuse holder in the trunk area or does it have to be install under the hood?

[/quote]
Old 05-08-2011, 11:16 AM

With my setup what sub woofer should i get?

Im planning to get a 10" sub to put in the tool well area.

anyone try this 10" sub box for the tool well?
It's all made out of MDF. They didn't use any fiberglass so I don't know if that will make any difference.
It's 75$ shipped on Ebay versus Darksidesub.com 200$

Will this
10" sub 10" sub
work for my setup?

Old 05-09-2011, 02:03 PM

mdf is actually better, fiberglass is only necessary for irregular shaped boxes such as a side firing sub to get maximum air space.

Quick Reply: Static noise in my tweeters when car is turned on.