S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

Subwoofer to Modifry DCI

Old 11-18-2014, 06:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Subwoofer to Modifry DCI

So I bought a DCI-2 with the PnP harness from a member who was parting out his S (sold it due to family reasons). Anyway, it works great but I have no idea which wire to use to connect to the remote wire from my subwoofer. The woofer wire is blue and it should connect to a blue/white wire on the harness (did on my previous setup with no issues). The DCI-2 does not have a stand alone blue/white remote wire. I did contact Modifry but since I did not purchase from him, I doubt they would be willing to help, which I understand. I did get an initial response but I don't expect anymore, and with good reason. I had never planned on getting a DCI (didn't use the dash controls before I put in my setup) but did in this case since I felt the member could use the help.

Any idea which wire to connect it to? There is a yellow/blue wire, a purple wire and a few others I cannot recall right now but can check on. I doubt about splicing into the blue/white wire that runs from the PnP harness to the DCI-2 but wasn't sure if that was smart or not.

Thoughts?
Old 11-18-2014, 10:20 AM
oth

Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts

If you haven't stumbled on them yet, here are the installation instructions for the DCI.
As for the wiring, it's worth distinguishing between the plug&play harness wires and the wires that
lead to the actual DCI.
Most of the wires in the PnP harness should simply lead from the car connector to the headunit connector.
Two will go from the car to the DCI (dash & mute switch wires), two will go to both the DCI and the
head unit connector (+12v and ground). A few wires will come from the DCI - one connects to the headunit
remote, one (apparently blue) leads to an optional hardwired tel/mute on the headunit, and a third can
connect to the vehicle speed sensor for the optional speed sensitive volume.
Normally there would be a blue/white wire coming from the headunit connector, not connected to anything
else, for a remote amp turn-on, though it's possible the previous ownwer clipped it off. I'm a little
confused by your description of one leading to the DCI though - Modifry's documentation doesn't refer
to a blue/white leading to the DCI, and in this picture you can see the blue/white remote turn wire
with the red butt splice on the end.

Could it be that the harness is not actually Modifry's plug & play, but rather a harness that the P.O.
spliced together themselves? As most generic adapter harnesses lack the s2000-specific dash and mute wires,
sometimes people move wires/pins within the connector without regard to color.
Old 11-19-2014, 06:39 AM

Looks what I have except for the blue/white remote wire. Mine is yellow/blue. The connections are all neat, not spliced and looks exactly like what you posted.

And I should clarify it is a blue/white wire that runs from the harness to the alpine connection not the DCI.

I'll have to go back and look to see if I can find anything wrong. The owner I bought it from is a stand up guy - he had an alpine deck and the ktp hooked up to this no problem. I will ask him if he did any work to it though but it doesn't appear to be modified in anyway. He did give me the instructions that came with it and since it was PnP, all I had to do was hook it up (instructions even said that if it was PnP all I had to do was connect the adapters).
Old 11-19-2014, 01:03 PM
oth

The KTP may be autosensing and not need a remote turn-on. You should be able to find a chart online
that shows what position the remote wire is in an Alpine connector and confirm it that way.
Old 11-20-2014, 06:15 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know the original KTP was plug and play so it isn't relevant to the OP. There's another version out there that came out after I got mine and I don't know how it differs.
Old 11-20-2014, 10:40 AM

The KTP shouldn't be an issue. Namely, I don't have a remote wire on the PnP/DCI-2...I will take it apart again this weekend and see if I just missed it. If not, I need to figure out how to get the remote wire from the sub to work.
Old 11-20-2014, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by takeshi
I know the original KTP was plug and play so it isn't relevant to the OP. There's another version out there that came out after I got mine and I don't know how it differs.
There are two versions: the KTP-445A and the KTP-445U. The A is for Alpine PnP. The U came with no harness so that it could be used with various headunits and not just the Alpine. It also came with the ability to bridge the channels for double the power.
Old 01-09-2015, 06:33 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm having a similar issue with installing my amp. On the PnP I have a Blue wire that's not doing anything.... Is that the remote wire? I left Bob a message today, I hope to hear back from him on Monday. If anyone can answer this question that would be awesome. The remote spot is already taken up by the Modifry DCI, which works great btw.

Pioneer Head unit.
Old 01-09-2015, 07:32 PM
oth

If the wire is coming from the connector that plugs into the headunit, it is very
likely the amp remote turn-on wire - most harnesses use a blue wire with a white
stripe, but I can't speak for Modifry. If, however, it is coming from the connector
that plugs into the car, or from the DCI module itself, it's not.