S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

System pics - Lots and Big (beware to the bandwidth impaired!)

Old 06-12-2003, 06:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah -- the slot vent is the exhaust for the fans. i used the 'legs' of the top to channel the air flow across the amps. the Adcom exhausts on that end (from its own fan), so quite a good bit of hot air flows up and out of the vent. it also makes for a good grip point when handling the top.
those fans are super low profile (it was fairly hard to find 60x60x12mm fans), but together they pump about 50+ cfm through the channel... there's a nice little breeze flowing out of the vent. since my amps are each about 2 3/4" tall, and i have 3/4" MDF for the bottom and 1/2" MDF for the top w/ a 1/4" plexi, and wanted it all in a 5" tall tool well -- i needed all the vertical space i can get.

showoff? who? me??

neon heh? i've thought about it, but i'm pretty cramped in there as is... and the trunk light actually lights most of it pretty well... i was thinking about trying to get MacGyver to build me a little LED setup though and light and etch the plexi... (like his screen stuff he's working on, but much simpler.) i've got to think about it though.
Old 06-12-2003, 07:08 AM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Looking good! Nice work! Thanks for posting pics!
Old 06-12-2003, 08:58 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

One suggestion...turn your alarm siren around. Pointing it up like that gives dirt and crap a chance to settle onto the diaphragm and stay there permanently. Point it down or to the side.
Old 06-12-2003, 10:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PJK3, very nice install... I think you and I must have been on a very similar wavelength when it came to choosing components and install locations. I have the same head unit, WLaurents enclosures, and mounted my amp in a very similar manner. I've been meaning to post pics for awhile now. This weekend, to be sure. Great job!!!

Old 06-12-2003, 04:25 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by MacGyver
[B]One suggestion...turn your alarm siren around.
Old 06-12-2003, 04:26 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sleepy
[B]PJK3, very nice install... I think you and I must have been on a very similar wavelength when it came to choosing components and install locations. I have the same head unit, WLaurents enclosures, and mounted my amp in a very similar manner. I've been meaning to post pics for awhile now. This weekend, to be sure. Great job!!!
Old 06-12-2003, 07:17 PM

looks nice. will probaly jarr out after a week on the New Orleans streets.

I'm from BTR and have spilled many a daquari on the streets of NO
Old 06-12-2003, 09:01 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sleepy
[B]PJK3, very nice install... I think you and I must have been on a very similar wavelength when it came to choosing components and install locations. I have the same head unit, WLaurents enclosures, and mounted my amp in a very similar manner. I've been meaning to post pics for awhile now. This weekend, to be sure. Great job!!!
Old 06-13-2003, 04:37 AM

phil,

I love the set up. especially like you new location for the amps. No More worries about theorhetical flashing I'll sleep better now.

until you drive by
Old 06-13-2003, 04:58 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by genghiskwong
[B]phil,

I love the set up.

Quick Reply: System pics - Lots and Big (beware to the bandwidth impaired!)