S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

What is/does this connector do?

Old 10-01-2006, 01:20 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Sounds like you've got the AEM mis-wired.
Old 10-01-2006, 02:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xviper,Oct 1 2006, 02:20 PM
Sounds like you've got the AEM mis-wired.
And exactly how would you do this? From what I can remember the only item I had to wire up was my wideband.

Maybe you have the EMS set to cycle the fan relay somehow? Try reloading your map.
Old 10-01-2006, 02:53 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by gotswap,Oct 1 2006, 04:01 PM
And exactly how would you do this? From what I can remember the only item I had to wire up was my wideband.

Maybe you have the EMS set to cycle the fan relay somehow? Try reloading your map.
Of course, you're right. I'm forgetting myself for a minute here. The AEM EMS is a stand alone. I'm thinking of a piggy-back. I'm with you on this. It's likely to do with some of the settings.
Old 10-01-2006, 03:13 PM

Haha I've got serious problems if I miswired the EMS.

There are only a couple wires that go to that relay from the EMS. They are all optional switches meaning OFF except for the fuel pump one. I can't understand why the EMS would be outputting a signal that would be on/off that quickly.

I noticed that the clicking stops once you disconnect either connector A or B. Any ideas which wire I should be focusing on? I'll post a picture of the Helms diagram soon.
Old 10-01-2006, 03:13 PM

When did it start? What changed before it started?
Old 10-01-2006, 03:15 PM

My car has been out of commission for the past year. I connected the battery once to test the alarm system that I wired a few months back and both the PGM relay and the alaram were working fine, as I recall. I finished all the wiring for everything else including the EMS and I reconnected the battery then it started to click.
Old 10-01-2006, 03:20 PM

Weird, I would still try reloading your map. If that does not fix it swap out for the stock ecu. If it is still happening then you have got to have a goofy wire somewhere.
Old 10-01-2006, 03:47 PM

I temporarily swapped back to stock and it wasn't clicking so it has to either be a faulty map or a faulty EMS. I will see if my tuner can alleviate the problem. Do you think that my alarm not working is related to this?

The alarm doesn't lock as though there is a key in the ignition. However, with the key actually in the ignition and turned to (II), it locks and everything fine.
Old 10-01-2006, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by ideugene,Oct 1 2006, 03:47 PM
I temporarily swapped back to stock and it wasn't clicking so it has to either be a faulty map or a faulty EMS. I will see if my tuner can alleviate the problem. Do you think that my alarm not working is related to this?

The alarm doesn't lock as though there is a key in the ignition. However, with the key actually in the ignition and turned to (II), it locks and everything fine.
When you have the stock ecu in, does the alarm work?

If not, something is wired up funky on the alarm.
Old 10-01-2006, 05:58 PM

I forgot to check it when I had it in.

However, I dont understand how it would be a wiring problem with the alarm. It knows if the door is open or not and can open and close the lock on the door when the key is in. It just doesn't realize when the key is out of the ignition which can only mean that it is a problem with power or ignition. It can't be power because that would mean the unit would be off when key is not in. Also, it would not be ignition that I wired for remote start because that has nothing to do with door locking?

No clue.

Quick Reply: What is/does this connector do?