S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

Wiring your S2000's new ICE setup

Old 01-22-2005, 07:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCalIsMyLife,Jan 22 2005, 09:27 PM
hey guys whats the max length betweent the battery and fuse if I have a 2 gauge wire with a 80amp fuse
The max length is 18 inches, however the rules for IASCA state 12 inches. But 18 is fine.

oh yeah... how am I supposed to access the area in between the the passenger side and the spare tire area? Where's the hole?
If your trying to run the power wire you should run that down the drivers side. But if your running the speaker wires then if you remove the plastic panel next to the seat you can see right into the trunk if you remove the spare tire.
Old 01-24-2005, 02:50 PM

yeah i was talking bout the passenger side. the panel seems to be stuck onto the other panel right behind the seat. I was afraid of pulling too hard since it wouldn't separate

Oh yeah... it's not the hole that the ecu harness goes through, but the one to the left of it, right? I was down at the honda dealer today getting body work done (went into a ditch on wednesday ), and the guy was like.... noo way you're running that much current next to the ecu harness...
Old 01-24-2005, 03:19 PM

Actually come to think of it I don't think you'll be able to fit a #2 wire though the hole I'm talking about.... However you can drill a hole next to that same grommet, and install a rubber grommet in your new hole. Once you have the power cable run though the hole, you should run it to the right of the drivers seat along the tranny tunnel then around the back of the seat. Then around the back of the seat and up and into the trunk.

Does that make sense? I'm so used to people installing #4 I totally for got about the extra size...
Old 01-24-2005, 04:09 PM

yah... ok now guys do you know which space on the harness from the OEM cd player the rear outputs + and - are supposed to be? I have the manual, and the wires are arranged like this:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

looks like 4-6, 11-13, 15, and 16 aren't being used. Could it be one of those?
Old 01-24-2005, 04:31 PM

Your stock MY2000 radio has no rear channels. Sorry bro
Old 01-24-2005, 04:34 PM

so i just split the front outputs..? i'm running a high level signal on speaker wire to my amp
Old 02-02-2005, 11:12 AM

I will be installing my system, or at least part of it over the next few days, here is what i got!

inity perfect 6.1 compenants for the front
infinity perfect 5.1 companants for spods
high end clarion deck not sure which model the wierd touch screen one
infity 6 channel amp not sure on wattage
infinity mono amp 1400 watts
2 infinity perfect 10 inch subs, the adjustable ones.

i am going to get supplies today, however i already have speaker wire and it is not twisted, does twisted wire make that much differnce?

what gauge should i run from the battery back?

any tips befor i start my install?
Old 02-02-2005, 11:37 AM

Does anyone have a concise drawing/instruction sheet that I could give an installer concerning how to route cables from the passenger footwell to the trunk? I'm installing a 'carputer,' so I've got to run a whole bundle of cables (RCA, SVIDEO, 2 CAT-5e's, USB) from the passenger footwell to the trunk. I'm on campus, so I don't have a garage to work in (it's quite cold here), making my next option hiring an installer. Lo and behold, I blew one of the installer's mind when I said I needed Cat5 ran and what not. I'm not quite sure he knew what that meant, because it suddenly went from a simple amp-like install to "Wow, yeah I don't think we can do that." I know it's a piece of cake, so I need to show them that when I get the job priced. Mainly interested in a sketch or photo of exactly what has to be removed to get to the hole and exactly which hole it is. Saving them time means saving me money. Thanks!
Old 02-02-2005, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by 2000celicaspeed' date='Feb 2 2005, 03:12 PM
I will be installing my system, or at least part of it over the next few days, here is what i got!

inity perfect 6.1 compenants for the front
infinity perfect 5.1 companants for spods
high end clarion deck not sure which model the wierd touch screen one
infity 6 channel amp not sure on wattage
infinity mono amp 1400 watts
2 infinity perfect 10 inch subs, the adjustable ones.

i am going to get supplies today, however i already have speaker wire and it is not twisted, does twisted wire make that much differnce?

what gauge should i run from the battery back?

any tips befor i start my install?
Congratulations! Well in your case I would run a 2 gauge power wire from the battery to the back and then spilt it down into to #6's or #8's. Either one will work.

As for twisted speaker wire. It will make a difference. But by how much will depend on how you run your wires.

Make sure you have all your parts before you start. If you have to.. draw it all out and make sure you have everything before you start. Fuse blocks, fuses of the right size (Sounds like you'll need an 80-100 amp fuse), all the wires you need, speaker wire, a nice set of RCA's(no crappy RCA's because you'll have problems with them), power wire, ground wire, ground ring terminals for the amp grounds, battery terminals, speaker terminal connectors (unless your going to hard solder them on), stainless steel screws for mounting, silicon to seal up any holes, etc..

That Clarion head unit is not going to fit in the stock HU location if its a flip out type.

Anything else,... PM me
Old 02-02-2005, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by BadAndy333' date='Feb 2 2005, 03:37 PM
Does anyone have a concise drawing/instruction sheet that I could give an installer concerning how to route cables from the passenger footwell to the trunk? I'm installing a 'carputer,' so I've got to run a whole bundle of cables (RCA, SVIDEO, 2 CAT-5e's, USB) from the passenger footwell to the trunk. I'm on campus, so I don't have a garage to work in (it's quite cold here), making my next option hiring an installer. Lo and behold, I blew one of the installer's mind when I said I needed Cat5 ran and what not. I'm not quite sure he knew what that meant, because it suddenly went from a simple amp-like install to "Wow, yeah I don't think we can do that." I know it's a piece of cake, so I need to show them that when I get the job priced. Mainly interested in a sketch or photo of exactly what has to be removed to get to the hole and exactly which hole it is. Saving them time means saving me money. Thanks!
Ok here you go:

Remove passenger seat (4 - bolts)
Remove the door sill (a few screws)
Remove the vented panel with the hooks on it (2-screws on the bottom of the hooks)
Remove the panel that as the connector for the boot on it. (just a bunch of clips and 2 screws I think)
Remove the spare tire and that's it.

If it takes them more than 20 minutes to have all that remove and ready to go... forget it.

I have pictures of this somewhere I upload them for you.

Quick Reply: Wiring your S2000's new ICE setup